CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

T Box USB exported recording not saving to favourites problem

Hi, need some help with TBox. 

Since the last update that ran in July/August 2014 for Telstra T box, I have had an issue not present before this update.  When I export a recorded program to USB as a saved favourite, it will not show itself in the 'favourites' list as it has always done prior.  The only shows that show up in the 'favourites' list are ones that are marked as a favourite and that are not exported.  IE once exported they do not show up. 

This is a handy feature I miss and was wondering if anyone else has had this arise?  Any resolutions appreciated.  Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: T Box USB exported recording not saving to favourites problem

G'day kezhud, and welcome to Crowdsupport.

Haven't noticed that, since I'm not a big user of exported to USB

- Don't get me started on why I cannot store my recorded programs on a NAS and have them served to me from there!!

I'll run some tests, and we will see if anyone here has seen it.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Highlighted

Hi Wanglese

Yes, I did try a google and also a search on the crowdsupport as I was hoping this had turned up as 'one of the many' resolved prior issues but to no avail.  

I have been lucky and blessed to have had no problems with exporting to USB up to now, and although I know mine is only a minor issue compared to some, it is prooving to be combersome to my needs.  When I first got my tbox I too could not export using the required FAT32 device.  Afer some trial runs I discovered I could only do this by using a WB 2TB device converted to FAT32 and nothing smaller or any other manufacturer.  But this now means I have an large amount of recorded shows saved to USB and if I can not access them in the favourites section as a 'grouped format for same show recordings' I then must flick through a huge amount of recodings to get to my show I would like to access. 

I look forward to any help on offer, but I will still keep searching just in case I have missed a prior post.  I have tried ejecting USB and reconnecting and slso doing a power shutdown and restarting.  I have not done a reset as I worry I might loose my recordings.  Much appreciated for any time and effort in helping to solve.

Highlighted

Something I have brought up in the past is the hamstringing that Telstra have to do on the T-Box on serialising the recordings of FTA programs!

This is why we are stuck with being restricted to playing on the same T-Box.

And, it's the reason we cannot index the programs ourselves using a DLNA capable NAS, for instance.

My wife saves every documentary on photography and photographers that is ever broadcast. So they now begin to fill up a significant part of the T-Box's HD.  

Now, if I was able to export them to a NAs (or even a decent size USB) and play them from the network, I'd be happy.  And guess what, I can store them in different directories that make sense.  

I can go down to Aldi's and buy a TV that allows me to do that for less than $400.00.  Sigh.

BTW,  I'm 100% sure that it's not Telstra's idea that that restriction is in place...

Your issue could be gotten around if we simply didn't have the same restriction of serialised recordings....

Remove that, and a whole bunch of support issues disappear.

Any way, I'll run some tests this afternoon on my 500GB USB.

Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Highlighted

Sigh........It now seems like my Tbox has now developed it's own personality disorder, now in addition to my initial post it is randomly displaying my chosen favourites correctly in the favourites index, and then, when I next check, they are all gone again. 

Just to refresh, this is only happening with exported to USB indexed favourites.  Then, ontop of this, exported shows are then randomly showing up back in the completed index as if they have never been exported in the first place, then, when I check again, they are gone back to the exported USB index. 

Anyone else getting something like this?

Highlighted

I'm not seeing what you are seeing,  but my exported media isn't appearing as a favourite, as you reported in the beginning.  So either I'm doing something wrong, or there is an issue.

What revision of the  T-Box firmware do you have?

Can you go through the exact steps (any T-box restarts etc) so that I can see if I can get the same "personality disorder" effect?

Highlighted

Hi there.  Just to clarify and refresh so we on same page (gets confusing with my rambles).

Since owning and enabling export to USB device of recorded shows, I have always been able to mark them as a 'favourite' and have them show up both in, the favourite recordings menu (showing in group clusters of same show recordings), and, also showing in my 'USB device exported recordings' menu (showing as singular recordings i.e. not grouped).

Now my tbox has gone 'glitchy' and only shows my marked favourites when they are not exported and are still left in the 'completed recordings' menu.  Now, as I always have done prior, I export them, marked as a favourite, and they will not show up in the 'favourite recordings' menu tab and will only show up in the 'USB exported recordings'.  Meaning, no access to my shows in a grouped format, but instead, having to flick through many many to get to my preferred show to watch (its a 2TB device).

Now, sometimes, and randomly, my tbox will show them as it is supposed to itemised as a favourite, then without warning, when I reaccess that menu, it has glitched out and they are displayed incorrectly again. 

I have only done the standard tbox hard drive check after a shutdown.  I have also shutdown, removed and reconnected all cords.  I have not done a reset as I have many recordings I do not want to risk loosing.   (sigh.......as has happened in the past).  I have the latest version of software that was rolled out beginnning of August.

Hope I have been able to cover this clearly and answered your query properly to help with some insight to help resolve.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit