Highlighted
Anne21
Level 2: Rookie

T-Box exit

Answered
Hi,
So I got the email about the T-Box exit and the offer to take up Foxtel through an IQ3 and called the number in the email to redeem the offer and it says the number is not in service. This really does not fill me with confidence when the telecommunications company cannot get a number and an email correct- can you please provide the right number ? Thx
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RinaB
Level 6: Bloodhound
Accepted Solution

Re: T-Box exit

Call 1800 290 933 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 22: Superhuman

Ouch, LOL

Yep, I just tried the number....

Don't forget, while Telstra are promoting the Foxtel IQ3, you can go with the Telstra TV2. It just doesn't record and is much closer to the Telstra T-Box in implementation and use, plus gives you Netflix and STAN.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

RinaB
Level 6: Bloodhound
Accepted Solution

Call 1800 290 933 

Red_Dog01

I haven't received any email about the exit of Tbox. I bought my Tbox 6 years ago and have great use out of it. My main use was recording programs and watching some Fox sports. Why isn't Telstra replacing the Tbox with a device that has similar functions?
Regards
Graeme
brianjohn

We received an email from telstra.. an offer to upgrade from IQ2 to IQ3 for free ! we are assuming the T Box exit has something to do with this.So after some investigation we discovered there are IQ3 boxs that do not function properly.. earlier generation type that were updated to another series, calling it mark 2 or 3... and there is to be another update to the IQ3.. a 3.5 perhaps. There is something off about the timing here.. T-Box ends , offer of upgrades to existing IQ2 customers.. with what may be out of date IQ3 boxs.. that have quite the history of playing up.. nice one Telstra.

Level 24: Supreme Being

The main iQ3 issues were software based and the software issues have been mostly fixed. There are still a couple of quirks with it, but the iQ2 can have quirks too. It is a much better box now over when it was first release.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

brianjohn

Oh really..DrQ overall the iq2 is far more superior after some more feedback from other customers their overall responses were... stay away from the iq3.. their main grips were how entirely isolated they felt when issues arose on the iq3 when calling into telstra for help.. some even thought a sales pitch was occuring to pick up on a telstra tv2... you just get the feeling that Telstra is becoming arrogant towards specific market segments

Foxtel end up doing all the tech support for their services so I just call straight through to 133933 if I have a problem but after a number of months with the iQ3 following an upgrade offer I can say that other then a couple minor gripes I have no real issues with our iQ3. I wouldn’t have taken the initial ones even if they paid me but now it is a very solid swap from the iQ2 in our experience.

Got my other half’s family upgraded for Christmas and they are loving theirs too without issues on both their TVs.

3 boxes is hardly a majority but considering the percent which were initially problematic it is a good change.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now