Highlighted
dbowring
Level 2: Rookie

T-Box program guide

Answered
I received my replacement T Box this morning and set it up in accordance with the instructions, unfortunately the program guide for free To Air channels is almost devoid of information. According to the connection status in Settings my internet connection is fine. Given that this is a brand new box connected only hours ago I do not feel that "reset" should be an appropriate solution.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dbowring
Accepted Solution

Re: T-Box program guide

Jjeff, thanks for your advice.I am connecting by Wi Fi which has not been a problem in the past. I have tried the fix that you suggested but unfortunately there is no improvement. I want to set up some series record and so this is very frustrating

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Level 23: Superhero

Hi DB, how are you connecting to the internet, WiFi or ethernet cable.  Small glitches like this normally occur with a WiFi connection and the Tbox is highly recomended to be conceted by cable.

Tray unplugging the unit for 5 mins at the power point and then reconect it. Anything you've got saved etc on the unit won't be lost.

Sig 2 

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
dbowring
Accepted Solution

Jjeff, thanks for your advice.I am connecting by Wi Fi which has not been a problem in the past. I have tried the fix that you suggested but unfortunately there is no improvement. I want to set up some series record and so this is very frustrating
Jeff-G
Level 6: Bloodhound

Have you tried a deep sleep since turning it on... Hold remote on button for at least 3 seconds until message is displayed on screen.... I found this to fix some missing bigpond movies the other day and seems to force a check with the Telstra/foxtel servers.

- Jeff
Jeff-G
Level 6: Bloodhound

Sorry re read your comment and noticed that you had turned the unit off/on since.
When you press guide button what happens?
Does it state loading data?
Can you use the filter option and then select free to air?
Try skipping to tomorrow's schedule to see if that loads more info
graemeshoob

My program guide has been unable to retieve information needed for the program guide  from the very first time started, i think you maybe have to pay extra for program guide

Level 20: Director

Nope, TV Guide is just part of the service. You need to have your T-Box connected to the internet and be on an eligible Telstra broadband service.
Cheers!

graemeshoob

Just talked to atech guy, he informed me i cannot get program guide because i do not free to air, i am in the bush and get my free to air by vast satiilite, guess i have to go through Foxtel if i want guide, sucks

Level 23: Superhero

Right well, that might explains it then, you didn't mention the sat reception earlier, I assumed you were just using a straight out TV aerial.

Having said that though, the EPG comes via the internet!!!!!!!

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now