Highlighted
Kelcu
Level 2: Rookie

TBox missing channels

Answered
I turned on my tbox yesterday to find that soho and lifestyle you are no longer there and I have had the comedy channel added to my channels however I can't view it. Is anyone else having this issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: TBox missing channels

OK last resort before I try to get this escalated by our team, can you try a factory reset of the device? So pushing the reset under the device 5 x should do the trick.

This method actually doesn't touch any of the content on your hard drive so no need to worry.

- Jon

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
16 REPLIES 16
Ryansmum
Level 1: Cadet

Lifestyle has changed to channel 129, suspect the other might have too. There is information on the tbox settings
Kelcu

That explains why the comedy channel is now showing as I think that channel used to be lifestyle you however It doesn't explain why the new channel numbers haven't shown up. It doesn't say that I need to wait for the system to be updated when I looked at the information in the settings only that they are being updated?
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Kelcu,

Might have to perform one of the resets as per the steps located at:

http://goo.gl/dnk4B

If this does not have the channels come up then please use the number listed at the bottom of this knowledge base for the T-Box Faults team to assist further. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Kelcu

Thank you for the tip dingodan but a reset of subscription still didn't work
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Kelcu,

Happy to get one of our techs to have a look at this one during business hours

If you prefer to speak with someone sooner, please call our 24x7 support team on 1300 136 841

Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Kelcu, 

The only change to the Foxtel chanels are the channel numbers.

Below is list of channels and with old and new numbers:

Channel Name

Existing Channel

New Channel Number

SoHo - Unmetered

LifeStyle You - Unmetered

The Comedy Channel - Unmetered

SyFy - Unmetered

Universal - Unmetered

Showcase - Unmetered

FOOTY PLAY+ - Unmetered

FOX Sports 4 - Unmetered

FOX Sports 5 - Unmetered

FOX SPORTS News - Unmetered

- Jon

Kelcu

Thanks for the info Jon. Im aware the channels have changed. I have a get started package and have now lost soho and lifestyle you on my channel list. Have tried to reset the subscription license through the tbox and that didn't help. Comedy channel is now showing on my channel list however it only shows Foxtel adverts on repeat. Have no idea why the new channels are not showing up.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Kelcu, 

Can you try punching in the channel number via the remote to see if it comes up? 

- Jon

Kelcu

Says invalid channel number
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

OK last resort before I try to get this escalated by our team, can you try a factory reset of the device? So pushing the reset under the device 5 x should do the trick.

This method actually doesn't touch any of the content on your hard drive so no need to worry.

- Jon

Kelcu

Thank you Jon you're a lifesaver tht did the trick! Much appreciated!
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Great to hear that that worked!

- Jon

golferae2

I had the same problem and fixed it by using the factory reset button as suggested here, but there may be an easier solution.  I beleive the error is simply due to the required channels being hidden therefore you are now seeing the comedy channel the old number for soho instead of the new channel.

Try going to settings and look at the channel turning page. Select the editchannel list and unhide the required channels. Let me know if it works.

I am disappointed that Telstra/T-Box helpline could not give this solution or even thereset button. Good Luck.

Tahlz

I had the same thing happen to me after last hard drive check.  Yes it is due to the change in channel numbers.  Thank you for your advice about editing my channel list.  This worked and I didnt need to reset my T box

Thank you Smiley Happy

shellie22

I am having the exact same problem. I too have the starter pack 11 channels.  I now have only ccn and mtv.  The soho ecr don't even appear.  I have contacted support on 2 occasions and they don't even understand what I am am telling them. The new channels numbers that you are talking about don't even show up and when I press the numbers is days channel invalid.  

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Shellie, 

These are posts that are 2 years old, so not really relevant anymore. 

Have you tried resetting the Foxtel licence yet?
Instructions here: http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/T-Box-KB/T-Box-Troubleshooting-amp-Resets/ta-p/107548

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now