CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Kalita
Level 2: Rookie

TBox "Loading Internet Channel"

Answered
Where we live we have ADSL2 available. No cable or NBN here. We were told that when we moved from our old address that our TBox would work fine at our new address, just on ADSL. I am going insane. Trying to watch FOXTEL and it pauses nearly every minute and tells me it's "Loading Internet Channel". Does anyone else have this problem? I've reset the TBox. The ADSL line has been checked. It's been nearly two years of this and I am about to go crazy. I'm paying for the Foxtel yet, I get so frustrated just trying to watch it! Over the past week I have called Telstra three times trying to see if I can upgrade to a new bundle that actually has Foxtel thru the iQ box instead. Every time I get told "Sure, but I'll have to get someone to call you back" but, no one ever calls me back! I just tried to contact Telstra again over the same issue, they said that they would put me thru to someone who could help. I got transferred to another department, someone picked up the phone, call was then disconnected!! Am I the only one who is going thru this?! HELP!!!!!! I just want to be able to watch the FOXTEL that I am paying for without all the pauses and "Loading Internet Channel" messages. What do I have to do? Take it to the ombudsman in order for someone to take me seriously?! So frustrated right now.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kalita
Accepted Solution

Re: TBox "Loading Internet Channel"

Hallelujah! Miracles do happen. Finally I have Foxtel all hooked up. ADSL is working a bit more effectively. I'm guessing the Foxtel thru TBox was using a lot of the wi fi, slowing down our other devices. Of course the whole installation process didn't go without a hitch, but the following day it was all fixed up at no extra cost. Fingers crossed I don't jinx myself, but I think it's safe to say, problem solved! Ya!!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

I assume that you've been trying to get the upgrade done when you've called technical support (either 132200 or 133933).

Call the sales number 1800 709 957 instead. They should be able to help you upgrade your bundle straight away.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Kalita

Thanks for the suggestion Jupiter. It is the sales team that I have been trying to deal with. They always tell me the same thing. They need to speak to someone about upgrading my foxtel and they will have to call back. Then they never do.
Rohan123
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Hi Kalita, if you phone and foxtel are out of contract then you could just sign up your self online https://www.telstra.com.au/bundles?ti=TR:TR:feb16Smiley Tongueersonalicon:bundleslanding:link that way you wouldn't have to worry about the sales team not calling you back.

Rohan

Kalita

Thanks Rohan123. Yeah, it would be so much easier if we were out of contract. Unfortunately our contract still has another 3 months so we have no option but to deal with the sales team. Made some progress today however. Finally got thru to a manager! Nearly fainted. Fingers crossed he's got it right now. Just waiting for my bundle upgrade to be activated and installed. Now we play the waiting game.
Rohan123

Hi again @Kalita,

Glad to hear your making progress, if you check through your emails you got from telstra today after placing your new order/telstra plan. Your should be able to find an order number somewhere and you can track the order here https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/track-my-order so you know where your order has progressed to.

Rohan 

Level 20: Director

In regards to the Foxtel via T-Box, you can unsubscribe at anytime so that you are not paying for something you cannot receive. 

Good luck with your package upgrade Smiley Wink

Cheers!

Kalita

@Rohan123 Thanks for the link Rohan. Lifesaver!!
Kalita

@datalore777 I ended up doing that. But I still have to pay for the actual TBox until the contract runs out. And the TBox comes with a set number of FOXTEL channels for free, but having trouble even watching those. Hopefully this time next week all the issues are gone. FOXTEL have contacted me to say they are coming next week to change us over from TBox to actual foxtel. Fingers crosssed.
Rohan123

Hi @Kalita Glad i could help, keep posting about your experience over the next week or so because i have been through the exact process you are going through now (changing from tbox foxtel to satellite foxtel) the channels work out a little different from tbox foxtel to satellite foxtel, but atleast you wont have to worry about the buffering.

Rohan

Kalita

@Rohan123 So far I've heard back from Telstra and FOXTEL to confirm that they're coming on Tuesday to install a satellite and hook up the foxtel. Just waiting for that to happen now. And I found out that all the previous stuff ups with my many calls to Telstra was because a Telstra Sales operator put thru an order to have Foxtel installed at our home using cable. But, as I told them over and over, we have never had cable from Telstra. It's not available in our area. Hence, Foxtel were confused with the Telstra order and were trying to get Telstra to sort it out. But no one looked into it further, until I finally cracked it. Oh and I am so excited about being able to watch Foxtel without all the buffering. Yay!!!!
Rohan123

@Kalita lets just hope your happiness dosn't come to an end before you get the outcome your hoping for, not to worry tho i have just about being through every escalated department telstra has in the past, so im sure i can help you in some way if things go south. I Think telstra call it a 'point of sales error' when an order is placed that can't be fulfilled, that is what seams to have happened to you. good luck for next week tho.

Rohan

Kalita
Accepted Solution

Hallelujah! Miracles do happen. Finally I have Foxtel all hooked up. ADSL is working a bit more effectively. I'm guessing the Foxtel thru TBox was using a lot of the wi fi, slowing down our other devices. Of course the whole installation process didn't go without a hitch, but the following day it was all fixed up at no extra cost. Fingers crossed I don't jinx myself, but I think it's safe to say, problem solved! Ya!!

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit