Highlighted
4furrykids
Level 1: Cadet

TV Guide showing multiples of the one timeslot for the one channelttt

Answered
This problem just started recently (or I only noticed it recently). The guide seems to be showing multiples of the same time slot for the one channel. Where a time slot is duplicated it states 'To be advised'. It has happened for a number of different channels. Tonight for example its 7 and ABC. So the guide for 7 shows 'Resurrection' 20.49-21.52, 'To be advised' 21.45-22.30, 'Coldplay' 21.52-23.10, 'To be advised' 22.30-23.30', 'Ghost' 23.10-01.42 etc. And the times slots seem to sit over the top of each other. If I scroll down to later in the evening and then scroll back up it sometimes seems to fix it but not always. I have tried updating the epg but that has not fixed it. My scheduled recordings seem to still be working even if the epg is whacky. Any ideas as to what is going on and how to fix it as trying to read the guide at the moment is driving me crazy.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: TV Guide showing multiples of the one timeslot for the one channelttt

Yes we've been getting a bit of that lately. It's NOT your T-box, it's the feed from the suppliers of the TV guide material. Same is happening on our Media Centre PC guide.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
42 REPLIES 42
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Yes we've been getting a bit of that lately. It's NOT your T-box, it's the feed from the suppliers of the TV guide material. Same is happening on our Media Centre PC guide.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Level 25: The Singularity

Must be a work experience student on at Channel 7 (who runs the EPG system).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
zoszos
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

My guide is doing the same here in Melbourne.

It happens mainly on Seven and sometimes on Nine.

Can smoneone from T-Box support please reply on when it will be fixed and what is causing it as it makes it hard to schedual a programme you cannot see in the guide due to it being covered up by another which is mainly a "to be advised".

Kevin

zoszos

@DEANJA wrote:

Is your Media Center guide from over the air (via the tv antenna) or from the internet via a guide supplier (eg ICE tv etc).

As if  your Media Center pc is useing the over the air guide then that is different to the internet guide supplied to the T-box.

There is sure something strange going on.

kevin

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Kevin, 

The two posts above have pretty much answered this concern, it is not a T-box issue. The EPG is responsible for the feed to devices such as the T-box (this is accessed via internet). 

You can contact our T-Box faults team (24/7) on 1300136841 to help confirm if you like.

Ivan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

zoszos

How can you say its not a T-Box problem?

It is supplied to the T-Box via the internet from either a third party on behalf of Telstra or Telstra directly compile it themselves.

Either way it is fro the T-Box and is not the same as the over the air guide.

I can olnly get the guide with a Telstra Internet service.

So yes it is a T-Box service problem regardles of who provides because as an enduser I have to deal with Telstra and nobody else.

So please fix it and get your facts straight before posting.

I will now ring to make my comapint.

Kevin

The same thing is happening with my Samsung TV EPG, so it is not limited to the Tbox.  This sort of thing happens from time to time and though it is annoying, there isn't muchthe end user (or Telstra) can do about it.

You will have more chance of getting it fixed by ringing your local TV station and complaining there as it is their system.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
zoszos

@Jupiter wrote:

The same thing is happening with my Samsung TV EPG, so it is not limited to the Tbox.  This sort of thing happens from time to time and though it is annoying, there isn't muchthe end user (or Telstra) can do about it.

You will have more chance of getting it fixed by ringing your local TV station and complaining there as it is their system.

Hi your tv guide is over the air (via the Antenna) and the T-Box uses a different guide which is from the internet somewhere.

I have seen both guides and they have differences.

Now whether both guides come from the networks diredtly or not I do not know but as I am paying for this (have to have a internet service to recive the full guide) it is up to Telstra to arange for whoever to fix it.

Also I cant use the over the air guide as it will only show now and next on the T-Box.

So as i have being trying to say it is an issue Telstra has to fix and will ring again as crowd support don't understnd the issue correctly.

I'm not trying to be smart or anything I just want what I am paying for fixed.

Kevin

zoszos

For thoses you have read my above posts I have work out why some think they see the same problem useing the over the air epg.

In my case I have multiple shows listed at the same time (for example tonight has on TEN late news which was cancled and replacement show Blueboods both on at the same time with the news bewing shorter) and the overlap on the guide making it hard to see one and/or know which is the correct one.

Where others thought they saw the same problen on other non T-Box devices/TV's is because most of the multiple entries in the T-Box guide have one show listing of "To Be Advised" and after checking the over the air EPG on a different TV i saw that there are To Be Advised listings at some timeslots that are not the same as the multiple entries I hjave mentioned.

So I hope this clears up any missunderstandings you may have.

Also I have a second T-Box that was still in the courier wrapping and was ask to try it today.

So I set it up and the guide still has multiple guide listings as the first T-Box has.

Also it  happens on some of the Foxtel Channels as well.

I am getting the Melbourne guide and if anyone else see the same proplem could they post here as it will help in getting the guide problem fixed.

Kevin

zoszos,

Guess what! The problem that you have described with your TBox is exactly the same as I am having on my Sansung TV.  And yes, I have double checked as I have a TBox as well.  Exactly the same information is being shown on both, not TBA on one and the cancelled programme on the other.  Sometimes I have To Be Advised on both, sometimes I am getting a programme that has been cancelled on both.  And quite often I am getting a programme showing up on its lonesome and it's not on the programme on the EPG.

I have let both Prime & WIN know what is happening and they were already aware of it.

FYI, I am getting the Gippsland EPG.

zoszos

Above your Samsung tv gets the over the air guide and that is different to the T-Box guide via the internet.

I know what you are trying to tell me but the Two guides are different even if only slighty.

And the T-Box has entries overlapping in the guide which the over the air guide does not (I do have tv's here with built in tuners).

As soon as I get a chance I will post a link to pics of the two guides and then you can see what I mean.

Kevin

zoszos

Support Team
Support Team

I would recommend reporting those differences to our T-Box Support Team on 1300 136 841 zoszos so we can get it sorted out. -Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

zoszos

@thedylan wrote:

I would recommend reporting those differences to our T-Box Support Team on 1300 136 841 zoszos so we can get it sorted out. -Dylan

I will try again tomorrow as I have tried before but was told as they can't see a problem there is nothing they can/will do.

If you know a way I can show them the links to the pictures that would help alot as getting support to understand tjhe problem is not easy.

I do understand the tv stations can supply the wrong guide info at times but I am getting old programmes next to the updated programmes and sometime the guide entries will overlap.

I have seen the excact guide problems on two T-Boxes.

If I had just got the T-Box to watch Foxtel (which I don't) I would not worry or most likey not see the guide problems.

With the guide playing up it can make it hard to select a show to record and having to look online or in the newspaper just to see the guide info I sometimes can't see makes the T-Box annoying to use at times.

I will use the Bigpond Movies soon so want to keep using the T-Box but if the guide issue won't can't be fixed I will have to look elseware for a pvr/Movie supplier.

Hoping you can help get someone to take this guide issue seriously.

Thanks Kevin

Support Team
Support Team

Heya zoszos,

Definitely appreciate the frustration with the guide and I am confident that our T-Box Team will take this feedback seriously, specifically if it is something within our control. 

Let us know how you go when you contact the T-Box Team.

zoszos

I rang again last Friday and went through the usual disconnect and reconnect the internet and then refresh the guide.

None of which made any difference.

From what I can tell is some old guide information is staying in the guide when it is updated with new guide information.

That will show up as two guide entries at the same time which either show as overlapping or in some cases the old guide entrie is completly over the top.

Now I have seen this on both my T-Boxes and have heard of others having it here and on another forum.

What I would like is for someone to check why this is happening without blaming individual tv networks.

As I am sure that is not the proplem as I know someone has to compile the guide for the T-Box and whoever it is is making some errors.

I hope this can be fixed soon as it is making ther T-Box hard to use.

Kevin

donga69
Level 3: Gumshoe

Yep I'm seeing this issue too.  Sometimes the guide shows multiple entries for the same timeslot and other times it shows overlaps, meaning you don't really know what is on.  Telstra - this is a demonstration of the latter.

http://youtu.be/dGbSqzmeUo4

Not great quality but you can see that there is a program overlap.  Are we meant to be looking forward to baseball, or NBA?  This overlap issue isn't just restricted to ESPN.

Telstra, surely you have a T-Box kickin' around the office that you can use to replicate this fault and escalate acccordingly?

Cheers,

donga69
Level 3: Gumshoe

Well then, there's seemingly no point putting effort in trying to have this escalated as a fault.  What a fail.

Support Team
Support Team

Heya all,

I apologise there has yet to be a response to this thread, I have reflagged to have one of our Techies check it out and get back to you.

zoszos

I glad someone else has realised the problem and it's not just me who thinks the guide is wrong.

And ealier tonight I saw that Home And Away On Seven Melbourne is only listed for 7.00pm to 7.09 pm with House rules to follow at 7.09 pm. That is obvisouly at gudie error from whoever inputs the data in to the version to be sent over the internet to the T-Box.

Also another guide error (but one I would think most can live without) is the images for shows in the guide are not always showing.

An example is the football on the AFL channel witll have the team logos in the image but for a lot of AFL  shows it now shows a generic image of a gold coloured football player. It also happens on the free to air channels as well .

Having the images is nice and can make seeing what is on easier if your in a hurry etc but I can survive without it.

It is just another reason the guide info is not being inputed correctly.

So when will it be fixed?...........

Kevin

zoszos

Looks like I will have to look for a pvr with a guide that works. Even the over the air guide showing all 7 days woiuld be better. But most likey a pvr that is icetv compatible.

I will give Telstra a few more hours to reply here and then I will ring T-Box support one last time on the off chance they can help (but I dont have much hope they can or will).

Kevin

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Guys, 

If everyone can private message me their details, so I may get this investigated by our engineering team as soon as possible

- Jon

zoszos

Jon pm sent.

Kevin

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

zoszos have replied. Thanks

- Jon

zoszos

@Jon_Telstra wrote:

zoszos have replied. Thanks

- Jon

Reference sent via private message.

Kevin

zoszos

Just an update and I have been told the techs can not see a guide issue on their end.

The guide issue is still happening here so I have asked for somone to come here to see it for themselfs as it seems it might be the only way to get it fixed.

I will post a few images of it just in case it helps but I think that somone coming here might be the only way to prove I am getting this issue.

Kevin

Level 20: Director

I have seen exactly what zoszos is describing. I don't use the guide that often, but when it was pointed out to me, the guide "glitch" could be clearly seen. The techs need to be pointed directly at an example rather than just trolling the guide.

Hopefully the T-Box team can work with their EPG providers to sort the issue - I'm sure it has something to do with late changes to the line-up and the target devices are just not handling the conflicting data well.

I will post further if I see or remember anything else that can assist.

Cheers!

zoszos

@datalore777 wrote:

I have seen exactly what zoszos is describing. I don't use the guide that often, but when it was pointed out to me, the guide "glitch" could be clearly seen. The techs need to be pointed directly at an example rather than just trolling the guide.

Hopefully the T-Box team can work with their EPG providers to sort the issue - I'm sure it has something to do with late changes to the line-up and the target devices are just not handling the conflicting data well.

I will post further if I see or remember anything else that can assist.

Thats good to see somone else can see the problem. I will post as many examples as possible (of the top of my head there are few on 7Mate and Gem for today) as soon as I get a chance to use the T-Box.

From what I have observed it seems that when a programme change is made to the guide the old programme is still showing along with the new programme which results in overlapping of the programme entries in the guide.

For now I will just post here of any guide examples of the problem and hopfuly it will be fixed eventualy.

If it is not fixed within the next few months (although it should be fixed imediatly) I will buy a another pvr and use IceTv for the guide. Which means there no chance of me using the Foxtel channels due to saving for a different pvr.

Kevin

zoszos

Here are some examples from the Melbourne guide: Gem 12-06-2014@8:30pm-11:01pm You,ve Got Mail then 9:30pm-10.:30pm Amazing Medical Stories and on 7Mate the same night 8:39pm-9:35pm Tatoo Nightmares 9:00pm-10:31pm Bad Ink

Hope that helps.

Kevin

zoszos

looks like Telstra are not going to fix the guide problems as I have not heard back from anyone you said the will look into it.

This is dissapointing as I like the ease of using the T-Box and the ability to watch Foxtel on a month by Month bases.

I was planning to get the sport channels for the AFL in August as my team as five games in a row not on Seven.

But as I realy need a PVR with a guide that works I will have to look elsewhere. Hopfully I will hear from someone at Telstra who can advise if they are going to fix the guide or not (oh it even happens on the Bigpond channels at times).

I will be out later and will chgeck other pvr's bot hopfully the guide will be fixed and I wont have to buy one.

Kevin

zoszos

As I have heard nothing yet re the guide problems I will have to look for a different PVR which works and has the guide supplied correctly.

As the T-Box is not fit for purpose I assume I might get what I have paid allready reunded, although I do expect it to be argued about but non the less the law proctects us form dodgey products.

I will ask when I ring why they wont fix the guide or at least tell me anything other than we can not see a problem as there ios a problem.

Telstra will have to resond to this quickly if they wont to keep me as a customer even as I might try Fetch TV via another internet provider.

All I ask is for information On when the guide will be fixed.

Last chance Telstra.

Kevin

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi zoszos,

I have replied to you via private message.

- Jon

LHey

So Jon, I've been experiencing the same issues with Channel 7 over the past few weeks (I'm in Sydney).  I sent you a private message yesterday morning and still haven't received a reply to my message.  What is the current situation with regards to this problem?  Is Telstra technicians still looking into the issue and trying to find a solution?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

We are currently working with the vendor regarding the EPG issues, but unfortunately no fix as yet, as there are plenty of things to work out, and test etc.

Rest assured though, users should see improvements in the upcoming few weeks. 

- Jon

LHey

Thanks for the update Jon!

zoszos

Thanks for the update Jon from me as well.

It seems from what I have heard that a fix for the T-Box has to be done so as not to break the guide for other devices that use the guide (for example Fetch TV).

Kevin

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let all know that an interim solution has been put in place which should take care of the EPG showing duplicate tiles for the same programme. In the meantime, the team will continue to work on a long term solution. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

AK

zoszos

@TBoxProd wrote:

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let all know that an interim solution has been put in place which should take care of the EPG showing duplicate tiles for the same programme. In the meantime, the team will continue to work on a long term solution. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

AK

The guide still shows duplicate entries for me.

What is the sorce of your infornation re the temporary fix?

Kevin

t

EPG_DEAD
Level 5: Eagle Eye

This issue has not been resolved - still missing entries and duplicates on our TBox (connected with Telstra/Bigpond).

Have already reset TBox - no change

On ethernet connection (9 mbps ADSL2+)

What is strange if I record something that is listed as unknown (but I know what is meant to be on) and then go to recording settings, the blank item shows plus the correct title as an extra entry.

However, I am unable to select that correct titled entry to record.

Level 20: Director

"The guide still shows duplicate entries for me.

What is the sorce of your infornation re the temporary fix?"

Hey zoszos, TBoxProd claims to be the T-Box Product Manager - I asked him in a PM questioning his posts coming across as  language from someone inside so to speak. I suggested he get his profile updated to reflect his Telstra status and he asking me how to go about that. I suggested he make contact with a Mod to sort it out.

Cheers!

CrowdDudette
Level 9: Captain

@TBoxProd wrote:

Hi everyone,

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

AK

And just what is this "interim solution"?  Still not fixed for me - still showing duplicate tiles & missing programs & "To Be Advised" even when the show is actually on!

It's a shame that New features of Restart/Rewind for Foxtel on T-Box etc are being introduced, yet we still can't get the Program Guide fixed. 

EPG_DEAD
Level 5: Eagle Eye

When wil this temp fix be rolled out because at the moment I am still seeing overlapping items and items with "To Be Advised" (but I know what they are) in the guide.

Do we have to wait for a few hours, do we have to do a guide reset or a do we have to do a full system rest ?

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now