CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
mrs_tee
Level 1: Cadet

Tbox display format won't adjust...

I've just connected my new tbox and no matter what i select i can't get the display format to change to fit my widescreen tv. I've still got the old tbox connected and am running the aerial through both boxes, would this make any difference?

I've tried resetting the new tbox but it made no difference... Any ideas?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Tbox display format won't adjust...

I take it you have connected it via an HDMI cable?

Have you been to, on your new Tbox, Menu .> Settings. > Video Setup. >  and set your TV Resolution via HDMI ?????

There are different resolutions to choose from; 1920X1080 i50; 1280X720 p60; 1280x720 p50 etc etc. You need to find the right one that will be right on your Tv, it's a bit of experiment with the different settings screen resolutions to find what works if you don't know exactly what your particular Tv will handle.

By the way it's the same deal if you are connected via component cables.

Hope this helps let us know how you go.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

How have you got the new TBox connected to the TV?  HDMI is the best method and should self-adjust.

What model of TV is it? Sometimes you need to change the settings on the TV to give it a kick-start.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
TedJacko
Level 1: Cadet

@DEANJA wrote:

I take it you have connected it via an HDMI cable?

Have you been to, on your new Tbox, Menu .> Settings. > Video Setup. >  and set your TV Resolution via HDMI ?????

There are different resolutions to choose from; 1920X1080 i50; 1280X720 p60; 1280x720 p50 etc etc. You need to find the right one that will be right on your Tv, it's a bit of experiment with the different settings screen resolutions to find what works if you don't know exactly what your particular Tv will handle.

By the way it's the same deal if you are connected via component cables.

Hope this helps let us know how you go.

We had the same problem when we went to connection with component cable. But exactly what Dean has said here worked for us in the settings on the Tbox. Can't say that we saw any automatic setting, and if your TV is connected to other things like a DVD player you don't want to go changing anything on the TV.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now