CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Tbox registration

Hi, 

i've just registered a brand new replacement tbox , and received a confirmation email from Telstra to say it is registered , but it won't acknowledge the registration at my end during the setup process.

any suggestions?

is there a time lag between registration online vs when the tbox will recognise the registration?

its a brand new tbox which was a back up to the existing one which had started to play up.

any 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Tbox registration

What is the version of the firmware on it? If it is before 5.4 then it may not be able to connect and there is no way of updating firmware older than that.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

I've just opened the box on an unused TBox. It's been in storage with all my other furniture for a couple of years. It has version 5.2 software and although I have registered it only it can't connect to the electronic program guide. How do I download a later version of firmware so that I can use the TBox as intended?
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi BradleyK, 

If you go into Menu > Settings > T-Box Information > System Information. Are you able to test the Internet connection? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi IvanS

Yes I can do this. When I press the red button it comes back with the message 

"Internet: OK (connected)"

I thought if I could request a software update I could do it from this screen but I can't see how.

cheers

Brad

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Brad,

There is some information on this in the following thread:

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/T-Box/Upgrade-old-t-box-firmware/td-p/615716

If the firmware wasn't upgraded to the 5.4 version when this was available at the time, then regrettably this will not be able to be updated further. I do apologise for any inconvenience that this does cause Smiley Sad 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi DingoDan

Thanks for your help here but unfortunately the TBox is not "fit for purpose" without access to the Electronic Program Guide.

Why would the software upgrade no longer be available if it's critical to the operation of the TBox? Telstra either needs to make the software upgrade available or not make it mandatory for access the the Electronic Program Guide.

I assume that because there are other threads about this on the support forum I can't be the only user effected.

Cheers

Brad

Highlighted
Level 20: Director

I think the key thing is to keep the T-Box connected to the internet so that firmware updates can be applied as they are pushed out.

Time to move on because clearly Telstra no longer supports the T-Box.

Cheers!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit