CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
magilla33
Level 2: Rookie

Tbox

So, I recently purchased a tbox (new version) as our old one died on us ( after using only the android app as a remote for over 6 mths due to it failing first). After 4 days the new tbox would no longer connect to, or even recognise any wifi networks at all and wouldn't connect to the network via ethernet either. I was advised that i had to return it for evaluation which i did almost 2 weeks ago. Today i received it back in the mail, in a plain cardboard box ( not the original packaging which i sent it in, along with all the components that go along with it - INCLUDING A REMOTE CONTROL THAT IS MISSING BUTTONS!!! and a letter stating that the damages are not covered under warranty. Now when i sent it in everything was fine (except for the aforementioned problem of not being able to connect to the internet in anyway) and now i receive a remote that is broken and a tbox that is completely useless.  Any ideas on what i can do about this?? I previously had minor issues with the old version of tbox, namely remote control failing that was always rectified quickly and simply by sending the old one back and receiving a new one a few days later. This however is atrocious, In the 5 years or so that i have been with telstra this is the only major drama i have encountered with the service including moving interstate and i am at a loss as to what i should do.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Danly
Level 11: Detective

Re: Tbox

If I was you I would get back in touch with them and let them know your frustrations and vent your concerns. Let them know that this Is totally unacceptable and if they cannot provide you with a fully functioning "out of the box" TBox with a fully functioning remote control - (that actually has all of its buttons!) - you will be lodging a formal complaint and taking your business elsewhere. 

If the Telstra representitive cannot fulfill your request, ask to speak to their superior.

Be real. It is acceptable for you to vent your frustrations and project your anger to the person you are dealing with over the phone as long as you don't make it personal and aim it at them directly. You are more likely to get the desired result this way,  if they say something that you don't agree with or is untrue speak your mind and say it how it is.

I would be quite furious if this happened to me and I wouldn't hold back in letting them know this.

Also did you get an email from the Telstra representative you dealt with initially containing their I'd no.?

If so get back in touch with them directly and get them to rectify their careless mistake.

magilla33

Haven't called them yet as I am still at work, i just thought i would get some opinions and see if anyone else has had any problems of a similar nature before i get home and spend 3hrs on the phone trying to explain my situation. In all honesty though I am totally gobsmacked at this level of service (or disservice) Like i previously stated I have only ever had minor issues with telstra as a whole,  all resolved quickly and painlessly until now. I still cannot believe the entire situation.

Jeff-G
Level 6: Bloodhound

When I first purchased my t-box I was in a Hurry and didn't check the box at the store and upon opening at home discovered that it was a second hand unit they had given me.
I rang the store and although they didn't have any left in store at the time, they organised a new unit to swap over... A little running around on my behalf but organised swap over the next day.
Did you happen to take down the serial number of your unit? Maybe there has been a mix up with someone else and you have their unit. I always make sure I take down serial numbers when returning goods for repair.
magilla33

Well unfortunately for me I'm not usually that prepared for things to go awry so, no, i didn't write down the serial no. To be honest due to how old or new or new for that matter (we only had it for 4 days) the tbox was I thought it would be a simple process of returning it and receiving a new one, or at the very least the same one but with the wifi/networking issue resolved. I am about to call them now so i will update on any resolution if/when I get one.

magilla33

Ok, so apparently they believe there must have been a mix up, and a new tbox and recovery satchel for the broken one they sent back to me have now been ordered. Will wait and see how this pans out but hopefully this was a once off and I was stressing for nothing.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit