CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
3dmisfit
Level 1: Cadet

Tbox

Just bought a new tbox, hooked it up ok,works apart from no tv guide, also can

t register it, I know telstra de commissioned this site, anybody have any ideas how to register or get tv guide working ?.

cheers

fred

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Tbox

No, you can't register it as none of the systems associated with the TBox exist anymore.

From memory, the TBox should be able to pick up the basic EPG (TV Guide) from the FTA broadcast, you can't use it to program the TBox to record or give reminders though.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
3dmisfit

Hi jupiter,

Thanks for your reply, the Tbox I bought was a brand new one, I got it off ebay it fired up ok as I said, however the power supply that came with it packed up after 30 min ( I checked output with a meter- nothing ) my old power supply works fine, but now the unit is bilking as it was not put into sleep mode before powering off no amount of reset fixes the problem, do you know how to fix of if I can get a software update that might fix the problem.

Thanks for any help.

Fred

The power supply may have fried the motherboard when it packed it in.

If that's the case then there is no recovering from that.

Loss of power wouldn't normally cause that type of response from the unit.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
3dmisfit

Thanks for your reply, any idea why it just flashes ?.

abthomp
Level 11: Detective

Our T-Box still gives a detailed EPG and we can still set reminders and programme it to record. It occasionally and seemingly randomly still even performs the Series Record function.

Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

@abthomp wrote:

Our T-Box still gives a detailed EPG and we can still set reminders and programme it to record. It occasionally and seemingly randomly still even performs the Series Record function.

@abthomp Probably didn't get the last firmware push. But not sure how it can get a detailed EPG as those servers went offline?

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit