CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Swanny007
Level 1: Cadet

foxtel on tbox

Answered

Have recently set up tbox and have foxtel on it. it has been working well and i like the flexibily of it being able to subscribe and unsubscribe different packages from month to month but can you get foxtel on tbox without having to have the get started package? e.g only having the movies or sports package

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CrowdDudette
Level 9: Captain
Accepted Solution

Re: foxtel on tbox

No!  Just like you can't get regular foxtel without the startup package.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
CrowdDudette
Level 9: Captain
Accepted Solution

No!  Just like you can't get regular foxtel without the startup package.

Swanny007

that's unforntunate, cheers for the reply

jeeves
Level 2: Rookie

My tbox wont pickup foxtel content. it picks up the EPG and BigPond content though. My kindle similarly wont download purchases from Amazon. I connected the kindle to my phone hotspot and it downloaded my book just fine. Neither device is seeing my BigPond Internet connection. is it a problem with my account?

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi jeeves,

Are you currently subscribed to a Foxtel on T-Box package that should be coming through? If so has it ever been working, or is this an issue that has only just started happening?

- Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

jeeves

Hi Tim

Only just started happening in the last week or so. Before that foxtel and kindle all worked fine. I have purchased the new Technicolor gateway thinking it might be the Thomson gateway playing up but the new device made no difference. Did i mention before that all our iOS, windows, android devices work fine?

James

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Jeeves, 

Best to jump into your account at https://tbox.bigpond.com/, login and check if your subscriptions are all in order. If so, try a full factory reset of your T-box so it can detect your registration and any Foxtel subs.

To do a full reset, press the reset tab under the T-box 5 x.

Let us know if that works.

- Jon

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

jeeves

Hi Jon

Thanks.

Have done as you suggested however no joy. All Foxtel subs inidcating fully operable and reset tbox to factory settings using the hard reset button 5x and still getting message "Please wait for your subscription channels to initialise". It doesnt matter how long I wait.

Have gone to tbox Menu-Settings-TBox Information and the Internet: line inidcates "Failed". There is a connection test option but this returns the "Failed" message also. I figure that my Kindle would do the same if it had similar diagnostic options built in (its not as smart).

Dont both Kindle and T-Box run a version of Linux? if so that may explain why neither of them work while iOS and Windows devices continue to work fine. It doesnt explain why they would both fail at what was (I feel confident in saying)  the same time though. Or why even when reset etc. they still cant see the bigpond internet connection.  Perhaps they need telling about the internet connection manually.

Jeeves

PS: I can see both Tbox and Kindle on my home network.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Jeeves, 

Are you connecting via Ethernet or WiFi to your T-box? Definitely a connection issue with your router having issues routing to the kindle and T-box. I suggest try a full factory reset of the modem, as it's the common component in the network.

Let us know how that goes.

- Jon

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

jeeves

Hi Jon

Tbox is an ethernet connection. Did full factory reset although this router was brand new from telstra shop anyway. Reset the tbox as well. No luck unfortunately. Tbox still saying internet connection "failed" and no Foxtel although bigpond content still available.

jeeves 

jeeves

Jon

Also both the kindle and the tbox connect to the internet no problem via my mobile phone personal hotspot which is not connected through bigpond.

jeeves

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Jeeves,  so if both devices work on your hotspot, this indicates that both devices work fine. Have you tried another Ethernet cable?

Are your desktops/laptops all working ok via WiFi and Ethernet?

- Jon

jeeves

Hi Jon

Haven't tried another ethernet cable but the tbox was working fine on wifi before it lost Foxtel. It apparently also continues to talk to Bigpond as I get Bigpond TV content. Just no Foxtel content. Will try though.

All other devices including multiple phones/tablets/laptops continue to connect to the internet over wifi no problems.

Its kinda hard to point to the router as the problem as its brand new and has been factory reset as well. The Kindle and tbox are also showing the same symptoms as they were with the old Thomson router so it probably wasnt that either.

Is there something that I need to do to tell the tbox to recognise the Bigpond connection as OK to get its Foxtel feed on? That would be a new thing though as the whole setup has been running for 18 months without a hitch and I didnt change anything that I recall before the problem started.

It wouldn't have anything to do with the physical landline would it?

jeeves

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

As far as connection goes, in system information, if it says OK connected under the internet side of things it should be good to go.

Unless the firmware/software is acting up on the T-box, it should not be able to stream anything if this field indicates that there is a problem with the internet on your T-box.

Have you tried playing with internet settings on the T-box? All settings should be reverted back to default after a factory reset regardless.

As long as your modem is routing the connection fine to your PC/Laptops and browsing is fine on these devices then your landline is fine.

- Jon

jeeves

Hi Jon

Everywhere I look in the settings menu on the tbox says router connected OK,  internet not connected. Thats apart from ch 911 which says connectivity is OK (dont know what CH 911 thinks OK is).

Its also getting worse as I used to get the EPG and BigPond content but that stopped sometime yesterday.

Would you be able to confirm the following about the Internet Connection Advanced Settings?

IP Address: This would be the internal IP of the router (i.e. not the one assigned by the bigpond server when it connects to the internet) 

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 (I assume)

DNS1: This would be the IP address of the primary Bigpond DNS? I dont know what that would be is there soemwhere I can find the address?

DNS2: IP Address of secondary Bigpond DNS? Again I need to find out what the address is.

Default Gateway: Is this the SSID assigned to the router?

Proxy: IP of a proxy server. I am unsure whether I would need to connect to a proxy and if so what its address might be

Any help most appreciated.

jeeves

ratster70

Just signed up for the extra sport channels on my tbox account via my online account. It says subsribing but still dont have the channels how long does it take for them to be active please??

Cheers

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Ratster70, 

It can sometimes take up to 24 hours. Have you reset your T-Box since making the purchase? 

-Patrice

jeeves

Jon

Wonders will never cease, Telstra techs fixed this issue last week. All done remotely, no resetting boxes, etc. I would love to know what the problem actually was but I guess I never will. I can only really think it was some kind of patch that affected tboxes, kindles and other "simpler" devices that didnt get automatically applied to either the Thomson or the Technicolor router. I still have the Thomson which I might plug in just to see whether it works as well. If it does then I spent couple hundred bucks on new router I probably didnt need Smiley Sad

Worse things happen at sea.

jeeves

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now