CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Powicky
Level 4: Private Eye

foxtel on tbox

Answered

foxtel on tbox is any one eles having problems with this service the foxtel channels seem to freeze all the time when watching its like they take along time to buffer. Have tried every thing im running tbox via wifi but I have tried running via Ethernet cable and still no change the telstra channels work fine this problem only happens to all foxtel channels. I have checked other forums and others have had same problem and they say its telstra end as this doesn't happen on foxtel on xbox. Can someone at telstra please look into this and is it your end or our end as I have done all troubleshoot steps.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: foxtel on tbox

The issue is that Foxtel on T-Box is simply not supported via wifi.  So unless the know you are utilising an ethernet connection, this is the first step they have to go through before anything else as it's the most common cause of poor throughput.

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Powicky
Accepted Solution

yes have already done this i have conected the ethernet to the back of the t box then gone into t box settings and changed connection to ethernet. still no better

Powicky
Accepted Solution

Re: foxtel on tbox streaming solved

OK fingers crossed, it appears I may have a solution if you have been having difficulty with streaming foxtel on t-box. I was told that we need to run a Ethernet cable from the modem to the t-box but not your standard yellow Ethernet cable you need to run a blue ce6 Ethernet cable the yellow one supplied is a ce5 yellow cable apparently the ce6 cable supports streaming iptv at a quicker rate or something mi only going on what I got told so I Havant done this yet but I will be so ill keep you posted. When I buy a ce6 Ethernet cable.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
23 REPLIES 23
klyn09

Hello Powicky,

With this streaming issue that you are experiencing, you can check your streaming quality if it's set to High - try to change it to Standard and see if it makes a difference. But if you have done this step already you may need to contact tbox faults to see what else they can do. Cheers! Smiley Happy

Powicky

cheers i have already changed streaming to standard and i have already called teach tbox support they are not sure of the problem can only advise to get a netgear power line ethernet for a one of cheap price of $198 all this device does is make it run on ethernet not wifi the tech support team just dont get it as they are reading a set of trouble shoot instructions.

Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

The issue is that Foxtel on T-Box is simply not supported via wifi.  So unless the know you are utilising an ethernet connection, this is the first step they have to go through before anything else as it's the most common cause of poor throughput.

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Powicky
Accepted Solution

yes have already done this i have conected the ethernet to the back of the t box then gone into t box settings and changed connection to ethernet. still no better

Powicky
Accepted Solution

OK fingers crossed, it appears I may have a solution if you have been having difficulty with streaming foxtel on t-box. I was told that we need to run a Ethernet cable from the modem to the t-box but not your standard yellow Ethernet cable you need to run a blue ce6 Ethernet cable the yellow one supplied is a ce5 yellow cable apparently the ce6 cable supports streaming iptv at a quicker rate or something mi only going on what I got told so I Havant done this yet but I will be so ill keep you posted. When I buy a ce6 Ethernet cable.

Level 22: Superhuman

Across small distances, I wouldn't expect that much of a difference, but I agree, Cat6 is better, it was designed to be better.

For the future, probably should have a knowledgeBase link to something like this:

http://www.broadbandutopia.com/caandcaco.html

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

JackD
Level 1: Cadet

Re: foxtel on tbox picture issues

Has anyone noticed the time of the day and day of the week, this issue occurs?  For me it only happens in the evening between 8:00PM and 10:00PM mostly.  I am using Ethernet and not WiFi.

It could well have something to do local backhaul link saturation (at the busiest / peak data traffic time of the day).

I have not been exactly overwhelmed with the overseas tech-support for T-Box so I am loathe to try and report the issue.  My physical phone line is not noisy also.

If the problem was due to my line or my equipment, the problem would persist for most of the time.  But its not.

Does anyone find the Foxtel on Tbox experience is similar (issue appears to be constrained to a particular period in the  day)?

fez
Level 2: Rookie

This is exactly the same problem as I am having, why can I get bigpond channels but Foxtel says 'please wait loading channel' I need to speak to someone in Oz not a clown in India, Telstra's customer service needs a serious shake up!
fez

Powicky did you solve your problem, I can't see why the provided Ethernet cable wouldn't be sufficient. If I can't get Foxtel I don't want Tbox, I'll just use my hd set top box I already have. Have been a bigpond customer now for over ten years and feel I've been let down, thinking about canning them totally and going to a new ISP
Pixiej
Level 3: Gumshoe

I am having these problems with foxtel and bigpond channels on tbox at weekends and some other peak times. Getting nowhere with tech support escalation team. Internet speed fine. Anyone get a resolution?
Jinxie

Same here, having these buffering type problems with foxtel and bigpond channels on tbox at weekends and some other peak times.  Many others on Whirlpool forum expressing same problems recently.  Come Telstra - get it sorted please!  It is so annoying it becomes unwatchable & a waste of money that we are paying!

Graham0001

If this was the case why do they not supply cat6e cable with the t-box. I am on my second t-box and recently just got the new version.  I had no trouble with the Foxtel channels for the first couple of weeks (using cat5e cable), the problem has just started in the last week. Telstra have admitted problems with the streaming of Foxtel refer to channel 911.

Jinxie

Re: foxtel on tbox streaming NOT solved

I changed to a Cate6 cable months ago & (& reset & played with all kinds of settings & cables without success) this did not make any difference to the streaming of Foxtel on T-Box during peak times.  Telstra has a congestion problem at the exchange that typically they will not acknowledge.

The latest streaming issues which are noted on Ch 911 of constant Freezing became an Australia Wide problem late last week.  I believe this is a new issue & not related to my (& others) original issue of constant buffering during peak times.  However, it will be interesting to see if our peak time problem does improve once this current latest freezing problem is resolved.   

Mark84

Same issues here, foxtel on tbox has been unwatchable for the past 4-5 days due to freezing issues. Call centre completely unhelpful. I have a cat6 connection. Not good enough Telstra.
Danly
Level 11: Detective

@Kalak

You most certainly did not find a solution to this problem!

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everybody,

We are currently experiencing a nationwide service performance disruption to the Foxtel on T-Box serivce and are working to resolve the situation as soon as possible. When we have an ETA for when this will be fixed you'll find it on our Service Status page: http://servicestatus.telstra.com/servicestatus/goc.do?q=summary.html

Thanks, Tim

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Danly

That start time listed on the service page is false!

It had previously been listed as 16/05/2013 and now it says 18/05/2013.

Why would they even bother making such a false edit after so many people would have checked that page over the last 6 days?

Probably to save on the amount of credit they will have to dish or to make the issue seem less than it actually is out is my guess.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Danly,

I'm glad that you're being so pro-active in checking our service status page. Throughout the process of investigating and repairing an issue like this one, sometimes we find that the cause of the issue is not what we initially thought and we need to open a different repair ticket for the problem at hand. Or alternatively, the nature of the outage can change, and needs to be addressed separately from the original issue.

You can rest assured that this will not have any impact on any future requests for compensation, nor should it reflect negatively on the work we are currently doing to resolve the situation. If anything it should be an indication that we are actively monitoring and working to resolve this situation.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Danly

Was watching a show on sci-fi last night.

Got to around 15-20 mins in, it freezes and then goes right back to the start of the program.

I had only just subscribed to all the channels hours earlier.

I unsubscribed to Foxtel on TBox last night.

I won't be stupid enough to give it another try.

That money could go to better use.

I cannot enjoy watching it when I am constantly expecting something to go wrong.

M_W

hi Tim,  i have been having the same issue of foxtel channels freezing & stopping completely since purchase of my T box 6 months ago. Have made several calls to T box help but to no avail, just about to give up on this, although i believe there would be a solution if somebody cared to investigate fully.

jorocoles
Level 3: Gumshoe

Changed to new entertainment bundle and happy until use of Foxtel Channels impossible to wtach with freezing pauses. I am connected by wifi as TV is 4 metres from modem but signal is 100% strong so can not understand the problem. Others are experiencing the same problem whether connected by wifi or cable. This has certainly taken the shine off the bundle and would not even consider additional channels or even bother to watch existing channels.

RayG1

Foxtel has stopped working on my Tbox I am still on hold after 1 hour and 45 mins
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi RayG1, 

I hope you've since been able to get through to our consultants, we're really sorry there has been a delay. 

How's it going now?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now