CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

what is the expiry term on recordings

Answered

We've recorded some live to air programs that we now want to watch and they will not play.  The tbox tells us it doesn't recognise the recordings.

Some of these abour about 3 months old.  It seems to play any recent recordings but any of the older shows it just wont' work.

So I'm wondering is there an expiry term for recordings?  If so what is the time frame? if so, if I transfer them to a hard drive just after they are recorded does that over ride the expiry term?

cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: what is the expiry term on recordings

Hi Razydog,

Welcome to Crowd Support!

I don't believe that recordings have an expiry time however the T-box has updated a few times in the last 3 months I believe, there could be a possibility that any changes made to the way the T-Box plays content or records could cause an issue like this. If it plays more recent recordings then this seems to be the case, or something similar. Hope this helps.
Lathania

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Hi Razydog,

Welcome to Crowd Support!

I don't believe that recordings have an expiry time however the T-box has updated a few times in the last 3 months I believe, there could be a possibility that any changes made to the way the T-Box plays content or records could cause an issue like this. If it plays more recent recordings then this seems to be the case, or something similar. Hope this helps.
Lathania

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you Lathania, that would make sense. It comes up with the error "record read error" So annoying as we taped a series to watch later and now it's gone. Maybe from now on I'll back it up to a hard drive and hopefully that might save it.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit