hoho2937
Level 1: Cadet

Business Connect in Citrix

Hi all,

We are using the Business Connect Client in Citrix.  This is installed on several session hosts.  However, we cannot get the user profile in Business connect to roam.  We have tried to roam the %appdata%/Telstra folder (or copy it manually).  But there seems to be some relationship with the Tipt profile and the machine being logged in from.

If I take a copy of this %appdata%/Telstra folder, delete it and then copy it back, it works fine.

However, when copying to a new server it doesn't work.  

I hope someone else has had success in this scenario and can provide some clues.

Thanks in advance.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
NateB
Level 6: Bloodhound

Re: Business Connect in Citrix

Hi Hoho,

I don't think Citrix is offically supported. That said, in W10 using the current supported 22.2.x for me it's stored in %localappdata% not %appdata%. I haven't got the facility to currently test moving that to another machine at the moment.

I've vaguely heard that from 22.3 or 22.4 the client uses %appdata% (Roaming) by default, so you may have better luck once Telstra release a never version.

I suggest engaging your account team, maybe they can give you an ETA for a new client. I can't imagine it's less than a couple of months away.

Regards,

NateB

I am a Telstra Employee participating in CrowdSupport on my own time my opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.
hoho2937
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Nateb,

It was actually in the %localappdata% where I tried to copy the profile between servers (sorry, should have said that).  This didn't work when copying between servers.

Do you know if 22.3 or 22.4 will be available any time soon?

Thanks

NateB
Level 6: Bloodhound

No worries Hoho,

Ah ok. Then it sounds like you're right that there's probably something PC\profile specific. You could try enabling debugging (via settings) and after logging in see if there's anything in the logs related to the folder structure \ failures about the existing configuration... It might tell you if it's going to a different folder than you expect, or potentially what is failing...

I'd say the next release would be higher. I haven't heard anything specific in the works at this stage, 22.2 seems quite stable. Via your account team (or maybe the fault team, though I believe they may not accept a fault for an unsupported configuration), you might be able to lobby for a 22.4/5/6 Broadsoft \  'unbranded' client to test with.

Regards,
NateB

I am a Telstra Employee participating in CrowdSupport on my own time my opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now