CrowdSupport®
stdm
Level 1: Cadet

External ringer/light for noisy environments

Hi All,

We have a TIPT phone located in the factory next to a turret punch, so anyone standing near the machine can't hear the phone ringing.  Has anyone tried attaching an external ringer or strobe light to a TIPT phone in this sort of environment?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: External ringer/light for noisy environments

Hi stdm, 

Thanks for using Crowd Support. It would be best to chat to our business team here  http://tel.st/e3xp and we can look into some options based on the handset used. 

It would also be good to make sure the phone's volume is on full. Press the (+) or (-) volume key to adjust the volume to the desired level: on hook adjusts ring volume; off hook adjusts handset/ headset/speaker. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

NateB
Level 6: Bloodhound

Re: External ringer/light for noisy environments

Hi stdm,

This kind of thing has been done, I however can't provide the specifics. Your best bet is to contact your account team for options.

There may be a "TIPT of Everything" phone solution perfect for your environment; or there may be a basic option using the headset port of the phone to trigger an external ringer.

Regards,

Nate

I am a Telstra Employee participating in CrowdSupport on my own time my opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more