CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
andy_7781
Level 1: Cadet

Intercom on TIPT

I am looking to deploy some measure of intercom on TIPT platform.

I have tried a few but could not get the device to make calls across the platform.

Wondering if anyone can make a suggestion or if they have come across the same issue.

Perhaps someone can recommend a model that is know to work.

NOTE: I have also tried setting up a handset and limiting the numbers it can call but this is a clunky way of doing this would much rather setup a proper Intercom.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra Products & Services Team

Re: Intercom on TIPT

HI ,

there are a number of ways to achieve intercom features. If you could explain the scenario you are looking to deploy we can provide some recommendations

Brad.

Brad
andy_7781
Level 1: Cadet

I am looking to have an intercom device sitting on a desk at a reception area with 2 preprogramed numbers and when people enter the office they can just press the button and dial a number.

HI,

you could just put a TIPT phone on the desk and set it up as an instant hotline. It could then dial a hunt group with your other 2 phones in the hunt group set to simultaneous ring. This would allow the person top walk in and pick up the phone and it would automatically dial for them.

A tag would need to be set against the handset

Create a hotline call_autoOffHook.1.enabled 0
call_autoOffHook.1.contact value needs to be entered by user

Brad

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now