CrowdSupport®
billingissue
Level 3: Gumshoe

TIPT Call Park Configuration

Answered

I'm trying to configure our call park feature on the polycom vx411 handsets and also through TIPT EWS website. It all appears to be enabled, however when I configure the *68# softkey and then try to park a user it just sounds engaged. Likewise when I try to receive a call, and transfer to *68 I just get the busy signal.

Can you advise what I need to do - or does this sound like Telstra haven't enabled the feature? (Even though I can see it in the Telstra EWS configuration site?).

Thanks

Mark.

Thanks
Mark.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
billingissue
Accepted Solution

Re: TIPT Call Park Configuration

Thankyou, I did end up managing to make this work through the custom tags section - however the issue was combined with another problem we had where our system was limited to 1 call at 1 time - which is why I always got the busy signal. Apparently it was something messed up in the original provisioning - I don't know how that ever got through as it wasn't in any of my original paperwork - but ultimately meant we could only ever have 1 user dial in OR out at any one time. That has since been fixed and now all the softkey actions specified in the device config section of the TIPT EWS portal work. So I can now successfully park calls and retrieve calls. I appreciate your comments though.

thanks

Mark.

Thanks
Mark.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Support Team
Support Team

HI Mark, I hope this can be sorted out for you soon. I've read of a similar issue with another customer who was able to set up the softkey by using *37 rather than *68

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Products & Services Team

Mark,

are you adding this as a line key or as a soft key under the screen of the handset ?

Brad
billingissue

Hi Brad,

I'm trying to set it up as line key - but honestly I don't care if it is a soft key instead. I can't get either to work at this stage. And unfortunately my cases with provisioning - TRN 1146546560 has not been answered.

Mark.

Thanks
Mark.
Highlighted
billingissue

Thanks Greg - yes I did read that as well. *37 on our TIPT feature set is "sustained authorisation code deactivation (calls locking)"

*68 looks right - although we do have a 'group call park' with is #58 but that doesn't do anything either.

Mark.

Thanks
Mark.

I can successfully set it up as a line key - save the contact as *68

then when on a call - press transfer and select the line key and then call - then either input the extension to park against or press # for your ext.

You can only have one call parked against the line at a time - that may be why you are getting busy tone.

Brad
billingissue
Accepted Solution

Thankyou, I did end up managing to make this work through the custom tags section - however the issue was combined with another problem we had where our system was limited to 1 call at 1 time - which is why I always got the busy signal. Apparently it was something messed up in the original provisioning - I don't know how that ever got through as it wasn't in any of my original paperwork - but ultimately meant we could only ever have 1 user dial in OR out at any one time. That has since been fixed and now all the softkey actions specified in the device config section of the TIPT EWS portal work. So I can now successfully park calls and retrieve calls. I appreciate your comments though.

thanks

Mark.

Thanks
Mark.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now