Avacardo
Level 1: Cadet

TIPT over the internet and CallN

Hi Everyone

Has anyone been able to get a standalone TIPT over the internet Polycom VVX301 device to work with CALLN?

Or if anyone has been able to get Telstra Business Connect to work with CallN?

I'm currently trying to see the SIP traffic with wireshark, but it seems that either the traffic is encrypted or the TP-LINK poe switch needs more configuration.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: TIPT over the internet and CallN

Just checking if you have reviewed this user guide

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

NateB
Level 6: Bloodhound

@Shellock

Probably better to point to:

https://enterprise-support.telstra.com.au/t5/Knowledge-Articles/TIPT-Customer-Administrator/ta-p/135

Or

https://enterprise-support.telstra.com.au/t5/Knowledge-Articles/Pre-Deployment-Information/ta-p/133

The guide you linked is from 2012. There's a 2016 version, which may be also updated in the future, and likely someone would add TOTI information on those pages too...

I am a Telstra Employee participating in CrowdSupport on my own time my opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the links, NateB.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Products & Services Team

The traffic is encrypted with the TIPT over the Internet service by default - therefore will not work
Brad
kiwi_nathan
Level 1: Cadet

I'm a Telstra channel partner and I've just successfully completed a POC using VVX500 with the TIPT custom tags and recorded calls using the CallN software.  the secret is you need to use a switch set up with port mirroring so you can record to a laptop/desktop with the CallN software.

That would only work if you have set the handsets to connect un-encrypted - eg not using TLS. As long as the customer is ok with that - no problem. 

Brad

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now