CrowdSupport®
Tech01
Level 2: Rookie

TOTI and Business Connect

Hi, 

I would like our Business Connect PC app work over any internet connection, not just our corporate Telstra network, are there such tags to update the server the app uses to sign in to use a public facing server?

We currently use Business Connect for one to one video calls but when the users work from home over the VPN they are unable to sign in.

Cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Tech01
Level 2: Rookie

Re: TOTI and Business Connect

BC Collaborate Portal.PNGFurthermore to the question, the settings for the Business Connect PC client is set to 'Auto Switching' but is as it isn't switching and i am unable to edit this preference as it grayed out.

Highlighted
NateB
Level 6: Bloodhound

Re: TOTI and Business Connect

Hi Tech01,

It uses DNS for auto-switching. If it can resolve .nipt.telstra addresses (only on the TIPT DNS), then it will try to connect to the VPN SBCs.

If it can't, it will go to the Internet facing SBCs.

When you've got your tunnel up for a VPN, there's a lot more complexity.

Can a work from home user, not connected to the VPN, sign in and use Business Connect? If that is true, then you'll have to investigate your VPN, routing \ firewalls \ etc to see where it's going wrong.

The logs in business connect, or maybe running wireshark on a PC connected to the VPN should give you some insight into where it's failing. I'd start with a filter on sip and dns to see what the client is looking up, and what responses it's getting; then traceroute to those destinations to see where it fails.

Regards,

NateB

I am a Telstra Employee participating in CrowdSupport on my own time my opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now