CrowdSupport®
Blaggsy
Level 2: Rookie

liberate

Answered

Hi we currently use tipt with business connect. Can someone tell me the advantage of liberate over business connect and is this something we need to pay extra for?

thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Telstra Products & Services Team
Accepted Solution

Re: liberate

Liberate can be added to an existing TIPT standard or executive pack for no additional cost. You may want to consider adding a TIPT complete calling plan as Liberate Unified will bill all calls to the TIPT handset - both originating from the mobile and the tipt handset.

You can add Liberate yourself via the self provisioning portal - login with your TIPT admin username - https://liberate.telstra.com/login

Brad

View solution in original post

MrCK
Accepted Solution

I like to think of it this way.

Business Connect is effectively just another soft client app that allows you to make VoIP calls.  It works on your compatible PC, tablet or mobile.  The fact it is backed by TIPT means you also get short dial, voicemail, presence & more.  BUT.. It is a software app and can be forced into the background if you get a direct native mobile call.  As a standalone service, moving from one business connect device to another, or to a handset, is not seamless.

Liberate merges the mobile and TIPT networks into one effective network, no app needed to make or receive calls. You need the app to transfer / move calls, to manage caller ID, to set your schedule & others.  It doesn't matter which number you are presenting, the functionality doesn't change and moving from one device (handset, mobile, or business connect) to another is seamless.

As an ex-telstra person, the first thing I did when I moved companies was switch to them to TIPT and, since Liberate's release, I have removed my desk phone, use business connect on my PC & iPad (with a headset) and use Liberate on my iPhone.

I look forward to the even more features.

Thanks and Bye

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Blaggsy

Details for Telstra Liberate can be found here: https://tel.st/mmwxa?

This is a Telstra Enterprise product, if you need any assistance with details for what suits your needs you can request a callback via the page here: https://tel.st/6j3kn

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

NateB
Level 6: Bloodhound

Hi Blaggsy,

Best to have this conversation with your account team.

Business connect: an app you need to start and close, etc (you've used it).

Liberate: your mobile becomes an extension of your TIPT service. You can make calls using your phone dialler using your TIPT number. You can set schedules for when you want to receive your TIPT calls on your mobile, etc. Liberate should also use less power in theory as it's not another app (it has an app, but it's not required for calls to work).

I am a Telstra Employee participating in CrowdSupport on my own time my opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.
Accepted Solution

Liberate can be added to an existing TIPT standard or executive pack for no additional cost. You may want to consider adding a TIPT complete calling plan as Liberate Unified will bill all calls to the TIPT handset - both originating from the mobile and the tipt handset.

You can add Liberate yourself via the self provisioning portal - login with your TIPT admin username - https://liberate.telstra.com/login

Brad

MrCK
Accepted Solution

I like to think of it this way.

Business Connect is effectively just another soft client app that allows you to make VoIP calls.  It works on your compatible PC, tablet or mobile.  The fact it is backed by TIPT means you also get short dial, voicemail, presence & more.  BUT.. It is a software app and can be forced into the background if you get a direct native mobile call.  As a standalone service, moving from one business connect device to another, or to a handset, is not seamless.

Liberate merges the mobile and TIPT networks into one effective network, no app needed to make or receive calls. You need the app to transfer / move calls, to manage caller ID, to set your schedule & others.  It doesn't matter which number you are presenting, the functionality doesn't change and moving from one device (handset, mobile, or business connect) to another is seamless.

As an ex-telstra person, the first thing I did when I moved companies was switch to them to TIPT and, since Liberate's release, I have removed my desk phone, use business connect on my PC & iPad (with a headset) and use Liberate on my iPhone.

I look forward to the even more features.

Thanks and Bye

Blaggsy

thanks I have tried but when i search for numbers only 1 is coming up as eligible and its not the one i want to test on. Do you know what makes a fixed number with executive pack eligible or not?

if you enter the number you want to use in the search field does it come up as eligible ?Capture.PNG

Brad
Blaggsy

no

ineligible on all numbers I've tried bar 1?

MrCK

If the users are basic packs liberate won't work.  Must be Standard or Executive.

Thanks and Bye
Blaggsy

Thanks thats not the problem they all have executive. Apparently I have to request liberate for each number from provisioning

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now