CrowdSupport®
Blaggsy
Level 2: Rookie

voicemail

Answered

Hi we have just enable liberate and wondering do we have to use voicemail option which goes through to our mobile voicemail? The Business connect setup emailing when you had a voicemail is useful and wondering if there's anyway around having to dial 101 with liberate? thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NateB
Level 7: Deputy Inspector
Accepted Solution

Re: voicemail

Hi Blaggsy,

TIPT VM, with Business Connect is not supported... But... If you can work out how to disable "101 messaging" (IE 3rd Party); and enable the normal VM as you would for any TIPT user... It will work under _most_ circumstances... I haven't come across a failure yet (I also prefer the emails), so I suspect it will only be a problem if the Broadsoft side is down and the mobile fails back to the mobile network natively, but I'm not certain \ why 101 is the requirement. Just keep in mind it's not supported and support teams may revert it as part of any troubleshooting.

If you want the Business Connect VM icon to go to 101, you can add the tag %CENTRE%; with a value of 101 (or +61101 if 101 doesn't work), remember to "rebuild the files" after you add the tag, then logout and back in to Business Connect and it should work. I think the default is *62 (feature access code for TIPT Voice Portal).

If you have a Polycom, you can change that similarly using the tag %VOICEMAIL%, and also 101\+61101

Regards,

NateB

I am a Telstra Employee participating in CrowdSupport on my own time my opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
NateB
Level 7: Deputy Inspector
Accepted Solution

Re: voicemail

Hi Blaggsy,

TIPT VM, with Business Connect is not supported... But... If you can work out how to disable "101 messaging" (IE 3rd Party); and enable the normal VM as you would for any TIPT user... It will work under _most_ circumstances... I haven't come across a failure yet (I also prefer the emails), so I suspect it will only be a problem if the Broadsoft side is down and the mobile fails back to the mobile network natively, but I'm not certain \ why 101 is the requirement. Just keep in mind it's not supported and support teams may revert it as part of any troubleshooting.

If you want the Business Connect VM icon to go to 101, you can add the tag %CENTRE%; with a value of 101 (or +61101 if 101 doesn't work), remember to "rebuild the files" after you add the tag, then logout and back in to Business Connect and it should work. I think the default is *62 (feature access code for TIPT Voice Portal).

If you have a Polycom, you can change that similarly using the tag %VOICEMAIL%, and also 101\+61101

Regards,

NateB

I am a Telstra Employee participating in CrowdSupport on my own time my opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's.

View solution in original post

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your business services on your mobile with the Telstra 24x7® App

Find out more