CrowdSupport®
Aba_Asep
Level 1: Cadet

Activate new simcard in new ipad plan

Hi,

Recently I purchased (online) Ipad with the plan of $15/month and $5 data sharing. This plan will be added to my current telstra account (mobile phone). The package came up including the simcard. I inserted the simcard into the ipad but no service came out on the ipad screen. in the setting also says the mobile number is unknown. Been trying to ask the telstra customer service, and apparently they said that the simcard is blank simcard, I just have to use my current mobile simcard into the ipad to be able to use the data sharing, or suggested to have prepaid simcard then telstra can activate the service and transfer into my account.

My questions:

-why sending blank simcard?

-why data sharing only use my current mobile number? ( which mean if i use in the ipad, my mobile is off and vise versa )

-why I need another prepaid simcard? then another cost will be added to my account on top of the plan?

Am not sure why the consultant/technical support not understand or myself, seems to be very complicated??

Anyone can help? greatly appreciated

ps. in the telstra store they actually can't do anything if the product purchased online

Asep Sobandy

Telstra loyal customer

Telstra acct.num: <removed to protect your privacy>

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now