Doug-Paice
Level 1: Cadet

Add a new plan to my account

I've been with Telstra for over 7 years, I recently switched form Business to Residential and took up 2 of the $59 per month Samsung S8, very happy so far. Yesterday I went into a store to sign up for a $15 per month Samsung Tablet plan... Long story short I can't as I'm only authorized to have 2 devices because I've only had the residential plan for a short time. I'm the same person and I've had an account for ages, how can we make this happen?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Add a new plan to my account

barring any unusual things like being late on payments, identity verification.

You have switched from a business setup to a residential setup and you say your the same person?

this issue would only make sense to me if the business was trading as a company and not as a sole-trader.

as a sole trader if the phones were for business under your name I couldnt see there being an issue.

if the business however was trading as a registered company from your premises and its now switched to a residential customer at your premises,

this could be legal symantics based on the idea that a company business is considered like a personable entity just as a person named Doug-Paice would be considered a personable entity. In which case the company would have more standing/authority/clout than you do at this point.   

(i can possibly see the arguement "but i owned, payed the bills, signed the checks, for the company). on this basis you are considered an authorised person to speak/sign on behalf of the company.

other than finding a rep with a sympatheitc ear, Im not sure what you can do but wait it out.

Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now