Highlighted
stuartfaz
Level 1: Cadet

Cannot access Xoom 3.1 upgrade, please help!

Hi all,

I have a MZ601 that I bought from Telstra on the first day of Xoom's release. I have been looking forward to getting 3.1 as I already seem to be pushing the limit with media as it is!

I heard that the update went OTA over the weekend and I'm yet to recieve it. I tried manually prompting the update through settings and it said no updates were available. Rang Motorola and they had no idea what to do, rang Telstra and they said to call Motorola.

Has anyone had any issues with the update? What am I supposed to do?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Blakel
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Re: Cannot access Xoom 3.1 upgrade, please help!

Hmmm.. I have not seen anything on that yet, I will check now.

Checked on my internal sites and the Xoom update page is still saying July 2011... Il keep my eye out on the page and my Xoom and let you know Smiley Wink

The views and opinions in this post are purely of my own and not of Telstra. Smiley Happy
GavinJ
Level 2: Rookie

Blakel
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

great!

Thanks for that info. 

Seem like I have been spending too much time with the Sensation, I forgot to see how the Xoom was going Smiley Wink

The views and opinions in this post are purely of my own and not of Telstra. Smiley Happy
Support Team
Support Team

Update on Android 3.1 for Xoom

Hey guys,

On the Motorola facebook page they have this to say:

Over the weekend we notified customers that they could update their Motorola XOOM tablets with the latest version of Android 3.1. Unfortunately this message was sent because of a system error and while some customers were able to download an update we have since stopped pushing it out.
We need to accommodate some final software tweaks in the release ahead of making it available. Once these tweaks have been made and we attain final approval, we will update the remaining devices. We are working on this as a priority and we apologise for the delay.

I hope this helps! Since it's only up on the wall I figured I'd cut and paste as well as pointing the way.

-Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Update on Android 3.1 for Xoom

Hello All,

I would just like to let you know that Motorola is to release the Honeycomb 3.2 software upgrade over the air push from 2pm today for the Motorola Xoom.

The upgrade will be available in batches and all customers will have their upgrade within a week.

Key features of upgrade are below:

- Ability to print QuickOffice documents over Wi-Fi to network printers.
- Create and Edit Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point documents.
- Enhanced enterprise management and security (3LM).

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now