Was this helpful?
If you are referring to media folders such as pictures, videos and music. The only way is to connect your iPad to a PC or MAC via USB. Deselect the folder in Itunes app on PC or MAC and sync to iPad.
If you are referring to app folders on home screen.
1. Touch and hold the folder you wish to remove until it wiggles.
2. Open the folder to show the apps inside.
3. While the apps are still wiggling drag them out of the folder and onto the home screen.
4. If you don't want to save apps inside the folder you can delete them instead (touch the black circle on the corner of each icon you want to delete).
5. After all apps inside the folder have been deleted or dragged outside of the folder it will disappear.
6. Press the home button to finish editing your home screen
The website below shows how to delete mailbox folders.