Highlighted
kidden
Level 2: Rookie

Dissapointed with my choice of tablet - think i should have gone IPad

Answered

So being an android user I have just purchased a post paid galaxy tab (8.9 4g) from Telstra last Saturday - so far im pretty unimpressed and am regretting my decision not to go with ipad. Not sure if im just not using it effectively , but im finding that theres not alot of compatible apps in playstore for the tab, and of the games i've downloaded for the kids only around 50% work the others say incompatible.  I also like to watch catch up tv on Yahoo7, which is fine on my SGII phone, however they cant be watched on the tab - picture is jittery, audio is out of sync - unwatchable all together.  Worst thing is I told the sales guy what I wanted to get from the tab and he suggested the android - Any ideas from anyone out there - or have I wasted my money??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Dissapointed with my choice of tablet - think i should have gone IPad

If you told the sales rep that you wanted to do the above mentioned things, and he recommended the android product based on that, then the product is not fit for purpose and I would request a refund (ie: Contract cancellation, refund of charges paid, and reconnection of a service that meets your needs).

Pop back into the store and see what they say, and don't forget your legal rights Smiley Wink.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

If you told the sales rep that you wanted to do the above mentioned things, and he recommended the android product based on that, then the product is not fit for purpose and I would request a refund (ie: Contract cancellation, refund of charges paid, and reconnection of a service that meets your needs).

Pop back into the store and see what they say, and don't forget your legal rights Smiley Wink.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

kidden
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks Ben_F might just do that - do you think its worth trying to swap it ??

dunners
Level 9: Captain

It really depends what you use your tablet for.

Personally I also have the 8.9 4G and i love it for it's download speed. I spend most of my time browsing the web and tethering my tablet to otehr devices. Alot of the issues will be fixed when it gets updated to ICS (Are you listening telstra)

That being said if you want a purely entertainment device the iPad has the apps you want. It wont have the 4G download speed but it definately has the apps and games for kids to play.

In a nutshell - If you want a device for the Web I'd recommend the Galaxy Tab

- If you want a device for games I'd recommend the iPad

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now