Highlighted
litefingers
Level 1: Cadet

Do I need to buy a mini prepaid SIM and a Data Plan for my new iPad?

Answered

I can not face going back into Darwin Telstra as it took 3 hours to get to talk to someone last week about my mobile plan - at least they txt me when they were ready so I could go to a meeting and have lunch but still ...........

I've got a new iPad and want to set it up on a plan but want to do it online and I don't know how I order a sim too or does that come with the plan? I was told if I came back into the shop (not liking that option) they would give me a SIM and set up the plan and said they couldn't promise it would be done correctly online or over the phone. Surely that's not true??

Any suggestions? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Do I need to buy a mini prepaid SIM and a Data Plan for my new iPad?

@litefingers wrote:

I can not face going back into Darwin Telstra as it took 3 hours to get to talk to someone last week about my mobile plan - at least they txt me when they were ready so I could go to a meeting and have lunch but still ...........

I've got a new iPad and want to set it up on a plan but want to do it online and I don't know how I order a sim too or does that come with the plan? I was told if I came back into the shop (not liking that option) they would give me a SIM and set up the plan and said they couldn't promise it would be done correctly online or over the phone. Surely that's not true??

Any suggestions? 

Online or Over the phone can in some cases be better then a store. Which Darwin Store out of Curiosity?(I know that there are 3 in the Darwin Area thats all, Territorian here Smiley Happy )

If you have gotten an iPad and just need the SIM card, Pre-Paid is probably the best option for you. $2.00 for the SIM card, $150 for 10GB to use in 12 months, with no Contracts

You can get the Pre-Paid SIM card from anywhere, and if you decide to upgrade to a Data+Tablet Plan in the future you can always do so without changing the SIM Card Smiley Happy

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES
Ben_F
Accepted Solution

@litefingers wrote:

Any suggestions? 

Online or Over the phone can in some cases be better then a store. Which Darwin Store out of Curiosity?(I know that there are 3 in the Darwin Area thats all, Territorian here Smiley Happy )

If you have gotten an iPad and just need the SIM card, Pre-Paid is probably the best option for you. $2.00 for the SIM card, $150 for 10GB to use in 12 months, with no Contracts

You can get the Pre-Paid SIM card from anywhere, and if you decide to upgrade to a Data+Tablet Plan in the future you can always do so without changing the SIM Card Smiley Happy

B.

New Users - Click Here!

litefingers
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the advice!
(The Darwin store in the Mitchell Centre)
Ben_F

@litefingers wrote:
Thanks for the advice!
(The Darwin store in the Mitchell Centre)

Interesting..... The Mitchell Centre store usually doesn't have the longest lines, however if you wanted to provide feedback you can always do it here:

http://store-locator.tstores.com.au/store/darwin

Dissapointed that they are telling customers that other channels aren't worth it, might be because they are a franchise :/

Personally, I suggest the Telstra Store in Casuarina.... I used to work there, and I know the staff, and they are usually pretty good Smiley Happy

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more