Highlighted
MeganJT
Level 2: Rookie

Error when setting up Bigpond Mail on iPad

Answered

I've followed all the steps to add my Bigpond mail account to my iPad, but I'm getting the error message, The username or password for "imap.telstra.com" is incorrect. It's not, as I've logged into my webmail with that very address and password. I also have it on my other ipad.

I had this email account on this iPad previously and deleted it. I now want it back again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MeganJT
Accepted Solution

Re: Error when setting up Bigpond Mail on iPad

Solved the problem by changing to POP. This should be in the instructions for when IMAP doesn't work

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

do you know which email platform your email account is using?

Trying logging in via email.telstra.com. if it says myconnect or bigpond in the top left, that will be a legacy account, if outook it will be an outlook account, if it is Telstra mail the web address should say email.telstra.com after the inbox loads up. 

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
MeganJT
Accepted Solution

Solved the problem by changing to POP. This should be in the instructions for when IMAP doesn't work

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now