Level 2: Rookie

How do I find my bigpond Wifi password?

Answered

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bathroom
Level 15: Special Agent
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I find my bigpond Wifi password?

Hiya johnhawke,

What sort of modem do you have? Your WiFi details should be on the card that came with your modem. It can also be found underneath your modem labelled as "WPA-PSK Security Key" (10 characters long / Uppercase). However if the passkey has been changed, it would not be valid.

[I work for Telstra but please note that the views and opinions I express are my own and doesn't necessarily reflect those of Telstra]

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
52 REPLIES 52
bathroom
Level 15: Special Agent
Accepted Solution

Hiya johnhawke,

What sort of modem do you have? Your WiFi details should be on the card that came with your modem. It can also be found underneath your modem labelled as "WPA-PSK Security Key" (10 characters long / Uppercase). However if the passkey has been changed, it would not be valid.

[I work for Telstra but please note that the views and opinions I express are my own and doesn't necessarily reflect those of Telstra]

View solution in original post

jonhawke

Thank you!

homefree28
Level 1: Cadet

AWESOME!!  Thanks so much.  Now my step-son can happily play on his iPad while he's supposed to be sleeping Smiley Happy

Actually, he's 30, so I think he'll be fine, but thanks so much!

chrisgoldsmith

need wifi password

Support Team
Support Team

Hi chrisgoldsmith,

Did the instructions above help you find your WiFi password?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ronaldfjjones

How do I change my bigpond/wifi password?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi ronaldfjjones, 

You'll need to login to the modem inferface, depending on the modem and change it within there. What modem do you have?

- Jon

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Lauriestevo

How do I find my wi-fi password

Laurie

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Lauriestevo, 

It's on the bottom of your modem if you have a Cable or ADSL service. 

If it's a Mobile Broadband service, let us know the modem type and we'll tell you how to get it.

Steph

Sexcboi87

I bought a USB wifi stick about 6 months ago can't remember the password to join up with my wifi on my iPad any way I can retrieve it or reset it
Sexcboi87

I don't have the wap card that u get with it either any suggestions
football

can you check my account details as i tried to chang my pass word but im not sure if i managed to do it
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sexcboi87 if you access http://m.home from a device that is connected to the USB you can login using the password (default is 'password') and then you can update the wifi SSID (network name) and password.

@football we are not able to access accounts for you via a community forum. You would be best served contacting technical support on 133 933 if you are having password issues.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

pennyb

thank you thank you ....success

Scrivies

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Scrivies, 

Is there anything that we can assist you with? 

- Patrice

Harry123

Thank you for answering my question. I have the card when I put the number into my new IPAD to connect with network. it failed. Should i try again?

LisaDavie

Lost card and numbers on bottom of modem not work
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Harry123,

Does anything else connect to the Wi-Fi? Is it only the iPad that won't connect? 

Brodie

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey LisaDavie,

It could be that the details have been changed. What model Modem do you have? I can walk you through how to check the settings of the modem manually.

Brodie

clean1

i would like to use my network wifi but dont password

Support Team
Support Team

Hi clean1,

If you are using a Telstra supplied modem, as long as you haven't changed the password, your WiFi password will be available on a sticker on the modem.

BBrooksy

Hi there. I too would like to know how I change my password. (WPA one)

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi BBrooksy,

Can you please let us know the serial number and brand of the modem please?

-   Lindy 

Mellyc73

I have a bigpond modem, if that helps. I do have the key with all of the security info on it. But how do I go into my computer and set up a password to access the wi fi. Or change it so they can no longer access it?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Mellyc, 

We can walk you through accessing this information (and changing the password if you'd like). What model modem do you have?

Brodie

rahul_chy

thanks bathroom vai

Colley666

Hi, I'm using a Bigpond WI-FI 4G Advanced Modem, how do I get the password, so I can go into the Aircard 782S Manager page and amend things to make my wifi extender wor/

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Colley666 if you're referring to the actual wi-fi passkey that should be displayed on your device screen, or did you mean your actual primary login username and password? 

Boddo

Sarina10

I cant find the reply to my question

Sarina10

ECO
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Sarina10, 

I can't find any other earlier posts. 

Are you having issues locating your password for your WiFi? 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey,

Just touching base to see if you were still requiring assistance with this?

Thanks Smiley Happy 

cecilia1-moyn1

I need to find my password for my 1phone6 to get wi-fi please 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi cecilia1-moyn1

It'll be on the bottom of your BigPond WiFi modem - labeled as a WPA/ WEP Key, or some models Password.

Unless you've changed your password yourself of course.

JimHowden

I am trying to set up my mobile phone to access wifi. My phone asked for my Telstra password, but said it was incorrect. How do I find my correct password?

beemaa

i have lost my internet password

jennyanneb

Have lost my card wifi pass word for my bigpond router. how do I find it again for laptop and phones.

jennyanneb

I have found it thank you for information on this site
Handyandy5

How can I recover my current WIFI logon password?

margy2

Thank you for your help, i always forget thats where it is !!

Cheeers

Spoiler
Smiley Happy
DoraB

The password I have written down comes up as being incorrect.

Ron20

Ron20

Forgotten password can find on this tablet

Warbs

How do i find my wifi password, I have a Thomson TG782T ?

rAY wARBY

overmyhead

Can you please  tell me in concise instructions how to find my wifi password

Support Team
Support Team

Hey overmyhead, welcome to CrowdSupport.

Your WiFi password should appear on a sticker on the back or base of the router. You might have also received a card in the box the router came in with the network password on it.

Hope this helps.

overmyhead

Hi Big Dan

My modem has nothing on the back (it's so old, probably pre wifi) and I don't have the blue card either.  I'm using windows 7 and there are several sets of instructions available, but I always get lost mid way through trying to carry them out!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now