5w
Level 1: Cadet

IMAP Password

Recently I had a computer tech transfer my files apps emails etc from an old computer to an newly purchased one and I unwittingly supplied him with my IMAP Server password. For security/privacy do I now need to change this password and if so how do I do it? I have changed my login password. I only have the 1 laptop. I'm a novice and require easy to understand instructions please. Would thank you for your advice.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: IMAP Password

Its It's unlikely the tech would use it and has most likely forgotten it or thrown out the paper where it was written down. But it never hurts to play it safe.

Option 1 call Telstra on 132200 for ADSL and cable or 1800834273 for NBN. They can reset your password for you. It will be something like ABCD124EF, you email client will then throw up a password box when you try and send email. You'll have to enter the password once, make sure the remember password box is ticked. Youll nee to do this twice, once when you receive emails and once when you send then. Then your email client should remember them.

Option 2. Log into your Telstra My Account with your email address and password. Then up in the top right hand corner it should say personal details, click on it, you should then have the option to reset your password. Then as mentioned in Option 1 you'll need to update the password in your email client. The same instructions apply.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat Here, try the Online Troubleshooter or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure:
5w

Thank you 343GuiltySpark. Easy to understand, I shouldn't have any problems. 5w.
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

The password can also be changed without resetting by logging into Telstra My Account and clicking on "Manage my email accounts" center left. Click on your email account and then click on change password.

Support Team
Support Team

If needed, the direct link to the My Account portal is  http://tel.st/cpyn

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

5w

Thank you Greg__Buch c/- Telstra Support,  also Cf4 for your replies.

5w. 

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more