Highlighted
Bella80
Level 2: Rookie

Issues setting up second bigpond email on ipad

Answered

Hi

I am not able to correctly set up my second bigpond email on my ipad. I have tried imap-mail.outlook.com on incoming emails and smtp-mail.outlook.com for outgoing mail. This email woks perfectly on my laptop but I can't figure out how to configure it on my ipad.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bella80
Accepted Solution

Re: Issues setting up second bigpond email on ipad

Success! Thank you so much! I have been pulling my hair out over how to fix this for weeks and it solution was so simple. Thank you, thank you Dave. Very much appreciated. So happy that I didn't have to spend hours on the phone to Telstra.
Cheers
Bella

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES
Level 23: Superhero

Hi Bella,

Under "settings" then "mail, contacts, calendars" select "add account" then select "outlook.com" then add your email and pass in there?

Cheers,
Dave

Bella80

Hi Dave

I have done that, however when it comes to incoming and out going mail, the imap-mail.outook.com doesn't work on my ipad. Are you meaning that I need to delete the account and start again?

Thank for your help.

Yep. Let it sort the in's and out's. Failing that there's some other tricks but as the old saying goes "it should just work" Smiley Tongue

Cheers,
Dave

Bella80

Ok. I will try that and let you know.
Thanks Dave. Much appreciated.
Bella
Bella80
Accepted Solution

Success! Thank you so much! I have been pulling my hair out over how to fix this for weeks and it solution was so simple. Thank you, thank you Dave. Very much appreciated. So happy that I didn't have to spend hours on the phone to Telstra.
Cheers
Bella

Thanks for the update Bella, glad I could guide you to the easiest solution..

Please mark my relevant post as such and like the Cookie Monster and his cookies, I'm a kudos monster Smiley Wink

Happy emailing Smiley Wink

Cheers,
Dave

Riccardo-47
Level 1: Cadet

Riccardo-47

Hi folks
I am having a similar problem but strangely, some emails do arrive but others do not. For example I can send a test message from my ipad or iphone and they appear in the inbox almost immediately, but other internet mail messages sent by others to the same address do not arrive. Weird!
virginian

how do i get my ipad to accept my details

it keeps saying that the user may not send or recieve mail

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more