CrowdSupport®
marky70
Level 1: Cadet

Microsoft go home

can you change the mobile network settings from lte to 3G as the premises I am in has faster browsing on 3G than lte obviously it's windows 10

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Microsoft go home

Hi marky70, if you're looking to change the network connection on a mobile handset I'd recommend finding your device via our page at https://tel.st/kuurc and search for  'Select Network mode' for information on how this can be done. If this is an issue with a mobile broadband modem then our Tech teams on 133 933 or through the secure online chat link at  https://tel.st/w2pml can investigate and help further. Greg

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

marky70

hi Greg the headline of the query states micrsoft go home which is a windows 10 tablet I have tried everything I can think of to find the answer I have worked within Telstra stores for 10 years and am at my white end I have been placed in a nursing home because of a medical condition and since I've been here had an issue where 3g speeds are faster than let except after midnidnight I have tried to get the closet tower which is less than 1klm away checked but I refuse to do troubleshoot with people on the phone there is over 100 people that reside in this facility and just as many staff all the staff complain about the Internet speed as well but as I explained to the complaints person I was speaking to today that your average customer wont waist time calling to complain anymore because you don't get anywhere all I want to do is watch kayo sports on my newly purchased tablet but can't because I can't switch to 3g avg speed during day 4g is <1mbps down >5mbps up 3g is >5mbps down <2mbps up so can watch kayo on phone because I can switch to 3g
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update, and I trust this can be improved for you soon. To my knowledge on the Surface tablets the SIM will connect to the mobile network as it's available - you can't select to remain connected to the 3G network if 4G/LTE access is available

If our maps at https://tel.st/4esyg show you should have good signal strength I'd recommend reporting this to our Black Spot team via https://tel.st/klfm8. The Network Operations teams would investigate network performance in your area and contact you to discuss the results and options to improve this.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

marky70

hi Greg thanks for your reply so I did the coverage feedback which I had done around Christmas time and I did not get a reply however this time around I did and they have identified that even the map shows lte this area is not covered so having all this information what can we do I would be happy to change to a android tablet as at least I can switch to 3G then I'll be happy
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Ifd it does have the option to change to 3G i would assume the setting to adjust which network mode would be in Settings > Network and Internet > Cellular > Advanced. I believe the settings you're looking for is called 'Network Selection'. Haven't seen one of these tablets firsthand to be more specific
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The specs on the Surface Go as provided by Microsoft do not show UMTS (3G compatibility), it only shows support of LTE (4G). So even if the option was available (which I can't see that it is from any of the documentation), then the hardware may not support it.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit