Highlighted
andrewtrevitt
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Nano Sim card availability

Answered

I ordered my iPad Air from Apple online on Friday morning and delivery is due in tomorrow.

did however order on the Telstra online shop , a BYO Tablet Plan and Nano SIM on Friday evening

I received an email about an hour ago advising that they don't have any Nano SIMS in stock.It does not prevent my new iPad from working whilst at home over WiFi but I have never heard of Telstra in particular running out of SIM cards.

When I rang the 1300 number in the email and the consultant I spoke to was rather mystified that there was a Nano SIM card shortage.

Can only assume it is because of the release of the iPad Air and the way nano SIM cards are allocated.

Does this sound correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andrewtrevitt
Accepted Solution

Re: Nano Sim card availability

Hi DingoDan

I rang the online shop number again today as the consultant I spoke to yesterday promised to call me back with an update and to also confirm the availability of the Nano SIM cards.

I never recieved the phone call back so I rang again and the consultant I spoke to was less than friendly about it - actually she was out and out rude.Things like "if it will make you happy,I will check the availability" and so on.

Anyway,she left the option open for me to cancel the order.I advised the only reason I would cancel the order was to go to another carrier as the iPad is not locked to Telstra.I decided I would keep the order going and much to my surprise , whether it was coincidence or it had anything to do with mentioning going to another carrier but half an hour later I recieved an email advising the order had been completed and was sent out via Startrack couriers this afternoon.

I can confirm the order has been sent out and I have a Startrack tracking number and should have it on Wednesday.

I find it odd that Telstra would run out of SIM cards.

Anyway , all appears to be sorted out 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Hey andrewtrevitt,

It is strange that the Online Store would have run out of the Nano SIM cards for this new Apple device and understand your concerns. Have you been advised when they will have more available via this store?

It may be best to check with your local Telstra Store if they have any available for the BYO Tablet plans and cancel the online order.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

andrewtrevitt
Accepted Solution

Hi DingoDan

I rang the online shop number again today as the consultant I spoke to yesterday promised to call me back with an update and to also confirm the availability of the Nano SIM cards.

I never recieved the phone call back so I rang again and the consultant I spoke to was less than friendly about it - actually she was out and out rude.Things like "if it will make you happy,I will check the availability" and so on.

Anyway,she left the option open for me to cancel the order.I advised the only reason I would cancel the order was to go to another carrier as the iPad is not locked to Telstra.I decided I would keep the order going and much to my surprise , whether it was coincidence or it had anything to do with mentioning going to another carrier but half an hour later I recieved an email advising the order had been completed and was sent out via Startrack couriers this afternoon.

I can confirm the order has been sent out and I have a Startrack tracking number and should have it on Wednesday.

I find it odd that Telstra would run out of SIM cards.

Anyway , all appears to be sorted out 

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the update and I am sorry for the poor experience when you were on the phone with this team Smiley Sad

I hope that you enjoy the new iPad when you get it Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now