Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

New Tablet Software Release schedule on Telstra.com

You asked for it and we listened Smiley Very Happy

A new update page has been created on Telstra.com to provide a view of released and future software updates for Tablet Devices.

http://www.telstra.com.au/internet/mobile-tablets/tablets/index.htm

The page will be monitored and updated with tablet information as we receive it, in an effort to keep you all informed of software updates, statuses and expected delivery timeframes.

Keep the great ideas coming!

Thanks,

CrowdSurfer

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES
TonyM
Level 8: Inspector

Re: New Tablet Software Release schedule on Telstra.com

Smiley Mad THE LINK IS NOT WORKING 10.48am 13/07/2012 Man LOL

Level 22: Superhuman

TonyM wrote:

Smiley Mad THE LINK IS NOT WORKING 10.48am 13/07/2012 Man LOL

The link is working alright – I tried it moments before you posted, and again just now – but the content that was returned by the server was:

«Apology Page»

We are sorry, we are having a problem.

I'm not sure whether it's caused by the overwhelming demand for the information sending the server into a frenzy, or just that server doesn't have a satisfactory answer to offer to the requestor and so freaks out in embarrassment. Robot tongue

<UPDATE time="11:50AM">

Now I get the page:

«Notification: Gateway Timeout»

This Page Cannot Be Displayed

The system cannot communicate with the external server ( www.telstra.com.au ). The Internet server may be busy, may be permanently down, or may be unreachable because of network problems.

Please check the spelling of the Internet address entered. If it is correct, try this request later.

If you have questions, or feel this is an error, please contact your corporate network administrator and provide the codes shown below.

Notification codes:  (1, GATEWAY_TIMEOUT, www.telstra.com.au)

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
TonyM

Apology Page»

We are sorry, we are having a problem.

Well in my book that constitutes NOT WORKING, no matter what fancy Telstra type spin you try to put on it, and it's still not working 12.12pm 13/07/2010

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi TonyM, 

You should be able to access the page now. Telstra was experiencing an issue which took our online services offline for a while. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Danielle J

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

TonyM

Thank-you DanielleJ, nice to get a straight, no frills constructive and no excuses reply, appreciated.

Level 22: Superhuman

TonyM wrote:
Well in my book that constitutes NOT WORKING, no matter what fancy Telstra type spin you try to put on it, and it's still not working 12.12pm 13/07/2010

1. You completely missed the point of my post – I was teasing CrowdSurfer.

2. You apparently fail to logically distinguish between a link – which is a means of embedding a Universal Resource Locator (URL) in HTML, to allow browsers to know how to request something – and the resource (in this case, page content describing the tablet software release schedule) to which it points. It has nothing to do with ‘spin’.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Sorry for posting this and then immediately after issues were being experienced with Telstra.com - feel a bit silly...

Glad it's resolved now and hope this page is helpful Smiley Embarassed

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@CrowdSurfer wrote:

Sorry for posting this and then immediately after issues were being experienced with Telstra.com - feel a bit silly...

Glad it's resolved now and hope this page is helpful Smiley Embarassed

Nope, still down.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

WhatNow
Level 1: Cadet

What about the ICS update for the XOOM WiFi?  The page lists the XOOM as "Update tested and approved".  This is only for the 3G XOOM.  When is the update coming for WiFi version only and change the update page to include both 3G and WiFi only versions.

bluebottle
Level 3: Gumshoe

I hate to say it but "THE HELL IT WAS"

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more