Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES
Support Team
Support Team

Re: New iPad Pro 3

Hi @Frothieman

Are these the iPad's you are referring to https://www.telstra.com.au/tablets/ipad?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

fcl
Level 1: Cadet

Id say so. They are all out of stock (in fact they have not been in stock since the ipads released )
Frothieman
Level 2: Rookie

Yes
Frothieman

Yeah advertise available now but have no stock.
Support Team
Support Team

Our apologies,

If you would like to place an order online when stock is available it should be shipped from the warehouse.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Frothieman

Thanks Steph. You have no eta on stock?
Support Team
Support Team

Sorry Frothieman, that's not information we're given access to.

Smokinbeatz
Level 1: Cadet

I have made multiple calls to Telstra about this exact issue and had been lied to twice already about an ETA on my order. Worked out ok for me though as Telstra is now footing my first 2 bills for deception. Yet no one, in any country, can tell me when the new iPads are expected to be in stock. The last person I spoke to from Telstra I made aware of what the ACCC think of false and misleading advertising, aka ‘New IPad Pro, BUY NOW’.... “out of stock’’. How do you advertise a product and release it when you have zero stock and no ETA of when it’s coming?

This is a small excerpt from an ACCC article from when our friends at Telstra were advertising “unlimited’’ data.

Following the Federal Court’s findings and the ACCC’s interactions, all three retailers ceased using the headline claim of ‘unlimited’ to advertise their mobile data services.

“Telecommunications companies should be wary of using absolute claims like ‘unlimited’ where that does not give a true picture to consumers of what is being offered,” ACCC Chair Rod Sims said.

“We have taken a range of actions against telecommunication companies for misleading consumers. It is about time they showed more respect for their customers and the Australian Consumer Law."

“With much higher penalties now available for breaches of consumer law, I hope they will take their obligations more seriously. From now on consumer law penalties will seriously affect their bottom line, and we will not hesitate to seek the highest possible penalties.” Mr Sims

Sounds to me like falsely advertising a product is right up there with “unlimited” data!!

Anyone else agree with me here?
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Even the ACCC won't agree with you on that one. Especially if Telstra has waived the bill until your device comes in (I would argue that the plan should be inactive until the device comes in).
Apple needs to cop a lot of the blame due to their lack of planning and communication. They have told retailers that their product would be available to sell and didn't produce anywhere enough to satisfy demand (even though demand wasn't great) then can't even provide forecasts on when product will be available. Too wrapped up in their own self importance, which will ultimately result in their failure if they're not careful.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more