CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
mixedbeanz
Level 3: Gumshoe

No 3G Data Connection on iPad 2 with error "There is no data remaining on your current plan"

Answered

Hi All,

I've had a really strange problem crop up on my iPad2 today with a Telstra Prepaid iPad Micro Sim.

The apn is set to telstra.iph and I have 5 bars of services with Telstra 3G next to them.

I have started to receive the message Mobile Data Plan Usage: There is no data remaining on your current plan. Would you like to extend your data plan now? If you don't do so now, you can do it later in Settings.

The box has two buttons; Later and Now. When I hit now, it takes me to a pop box that says Please wait while the page loads. That's as far as it gets.

Now, I currently have in the order of 207,59$ of credit against my iPad account which is valid until the 13th April 2013.

I have reset the ipad. I have turned off WiFi and on and off, I have turned aircraft mode on then off, all to no avail.

The other thing I have noticed is that under the About menu, the Mobile Data Number field now states Unknown instead of my service number.

I'm at a loss.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mixedbeanz
Accepted Solution

Re: No 3G Data Connection on iPad 2 with error "There is no data remaining on your current plan

Thanks All, problem solved.

Somehow there was a barr on the account for internet access. Odd considering it is an iPad data sim. 

Sounds like a case of fat fingers whilst typing to me.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Evowned
Level 8: Inspector

Re: No 3G Data Connection on iPad 2 with error "There is no data remaining on your current plan

Heya Mixed,

There could quite possibly be a problem with your account, or the SIM Card.

Also, try changing the APN to telstra.internet, sometimes that gets the iPads going. Though it doesn't sound like an APN problem.

Yeah, I would recommend calling Pre-Paid and asking them if there's a problem on the account.

- eVowned

Currently running a stock HTC One XL, and a Galaxy Nexus with Jelly Bean.

Don't forget: a little Kudos goes a long way; and mark any replies as solved if they helped.
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Can you do a Settings > General > Reset Network Settings and ensure that you have the latest updates for iOS (Currently version 5.1.1)

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

mixedbeanz
Accepted Solution

Thanks All, problem solved.

Somehow there was a barr on the account for internet access. Odd considering it is an iPad data sim. 

Sounds like a case of fat fingers whilst typing to me.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now