CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Olpoa
Level 2: Rookie

No Internet connection on iPad

Answered

I recently purchased a Telstra 4GX wifi device and while I was able to connect to the Internet on my laptops with it, when I try on my iPad it will say that it is connected but I still cannot connect to the Internet. I have turned iPad on and off but nothing changed. I am hoping someone can help with this problem. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olpoa
Accepted Solution

Re: No Internet connection on iPad

Thanks for both replies. For some reason and I am sure it is nothing that I have done, it is now connecting to the Internet. 

Problem solved permanently I hope. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

With iPads the best place to start first is to do a Network Reset, so settings > general > reset > Reset Network Connections and then try and reconnect to the Wi-Fi network.

If that doesn't work then we will go through others but that fixes a lot of iOS wifi issues.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Olpoa

Thanks for your reply, tried resetting the networks but unfortunately there is no change. 

Level 23: Superhero

In your network settings, you need to have Roaming Data or the like turned on to allow access for data use.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Olpoa
Accepted Solution

Thanks for both replies. For some reason and I am sure it is nothing that I have done, it is now connecting to the Internet. 

Problem solved permanently I hope. 

peteey
Level 1: Cadet

i brought a 4gx wifi plus...can connect with iphone and all is good

i can connect with ipad but there is no access...anyone else had that problem

pete

Olpoa

Yes I did have that problem and tried a couple of things which I can't remember what but didn't seem to make any difference at the time. Then later when I tried again, it had connected. Sorry that I am not able to help you. 

Ruphies1
Level 1: Cadet

thank you so much. very helpfulSmiley Tongue

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now