CrowdSupport®
Beasleybunch7
Level 1: Cadet

No service showing on ipad

Answered

Hi ,

My ipad mini is showing no service all of a sudden. I last recharged it early December and my usage is fine , I still have loads of credit. Can anyone explain why it is all of a sudden showing this?  When connected to my home wi fi I have interent BUT it still reads No Service. Once I log out of my home wifi and try to use it says " Safari canot open the page "https.......google etc" because your iPad is not connected to internet.

So if I have credit , why is it not working?

Please help Smiley Happy

BB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: No service showing on ipad

Hi Beasleybunch7,

It could be a SIM failure issue. Reset the network settings on the iPad and see if there will be service coming up. If there is still no service i'd suggest testing the SIM in another device just to confirm and get a SIM replacement done

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Beasleybunch7,

It could be a SIM failure issue. Reset the network settings on the iPad and see if there will be service coming up. If there is still no service i'd suggest testing the SIM in another device just to confirm and get a SIM replacement done

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

vanemmerik

I'm experiencing the same issue as well.

Looks like I will have to make a trip to my nearest Telstra Shop.

As suggested I did remove the pre-paid sim from my iPad 2 and placed it in another iPad and also an iPhone 4 with the same problem persisting. Also toggled auto detection for my carrier and tried to manually select Telstra as my preferred carrier with that not working as well. I completed a hard reset and reset of networks via settings as well.

Per other support groups on the interwebs I did also carry out a factory restore on my iPad 2 with no resolution to the problem.

As a result I can no longer recharge my prepaid plan under the Telstra 24 app as the carrier nor sim card is recognised.

I'll try to keep you posted on what the outcome is with the helpful staff at the Telstra Shop.

Bernadette65

I have this problem with no service. I have been to apple and they sent me to Telstra. I have had SIM card replaced 3 times and still  says no service. Also invalid sim.  When I go into Telstra it all works perfectly and they think I am silly but when I get home it's the same as it was. Could it be poor reception. I never had a problem until I got iPad Air and 4g. Any suggestions. It's just not good enough.

rec1

have also hgad trouble with 2 ipads, if I power down the ipad then turn it back on I have no service, I then take the sim out and put it back in and service returns, have taken to telstra and replaced sim cards and reset network settings but no joy as it still does the same thing whenever I shut down. I think it must be a software problem but Apple says they have not had the trouble ????

Meggsyw

I am also having trouble with my iPad - loads of credit. Saying no service and have had sim replaced at Telstra shop today. Please help...
Highlighted
TTIFish

Can someone please advise what the solution to this problem is?

We have 14 pre paid ipad's used for our fishing business. However in the last two weeks (not matter the age of the ipad or type of ipad) we are currently having issues where our crew cannot utilise the data or services of the ipad due to the network not being available.

I have tried everything listed above and we are extremely frustrated. This is costing us lots of time and there seems to be no solution.

We have plenty of credit

We are in a service area that should have no issues with the network (we can see this via our phones)

Please help me find a solution.

Zapetta

Mine was doing the same and I tried everything I could think of including factory reset. The 'carrier' section in the menu list had even disappeared. Nothing worked until I read about your issue and figured it couldn't be just bad luck for so many to fail. Others have replaced sim cards and have had no success so I didn't bother going there.

I had tried powering it down (reminded me of the way Apple used to bag Windows but it's a universal problem these days), removing the sim card, cleaning it and putting it back, but no go. This time I figured that if I was going to replace the card I had nothing to lose so I just ripped it our while the ipad was running, wiped it again, reinserted it and bingo! I had service. I powered off and back to square one, so I am now certain that it is an Apple software issue (there has been a stealthy update in the past week or so because my menu bar turned into a rainbow flag and I sure didn't do it) but it can be temporarily fixed by pulling the sim out and reinserting it with the ipad running. Works everytime for me.

Good luck and keep saving up for Surface Pro's to replace your ipad fleet.

Shazza62

My husbands iPad has also been showing No Service for about a fortnight now & his "Service Provider" has also disappeared from the settings menu. No luck when reset. We also use our home wifi so he hasn't been too bothered but we tried a new SIM card, charged it up & still No Service displayed. My own iPad is displaying Service so it is not an issue of service availability. We will try removing the SIM card while the iPad is running as it worked for others. Any other suggestions?

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now