CrowdSupport®
Level 17: Bureau Chief

OMG! Microsoft Surface - MS throws down the gauntlet to Apple

More later today! OMG!

Smiley Frustrated

(see ya ipad, you were innovative while you lasted)

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Windows 8 and Surface fan! FORMER Telstra Customer (adios lol).

If you like my Microsoft (WP/Win8) posts here, consider Kudos+1

Check me out on Twitter - WP_DownUnder - I don't come around here no more.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: OMG! Microsoft Surface - MS throws down the gauntlet to Apple

I do like the idea of the touch cover keyboards, but I didn't see much else here that would worry Apple.
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

I smell another Patent War, doubt it will be seen any time soon if the iLawyers have anything to say about it Smiley Happy

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

seamuswarren
Level 3: Gumshoe

Is it running Windows? Smiley Very Happy

pkdevine
Level 1: Cadet

it is runnign windows 8 RT a specially designed version for touch screens.

Ben_F

@pkdevine wrote:

it is runnign windows 8 RT a specially designed version for touch screens.

*vomits* what a vile piece of operating system, I loathe the day I have to support Windows 8 in our Enterprise Environment.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Boggles
Level 15: Special Agent

Can't wait, i will be one of first in line.

Will be getting one for me and one for the wife.

Nothing like iPad (sorry they are both flat!) so I don't think Microsoft lawyers will have to worry about the 'ilawers'. Smiley Happy

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Nokia Lumia 920, 1020 & 520, Microsoft Surface. Windows 8.1. Employed in Telecommunications industry.

I DO NOT work for Telstra, all views and opinions are my own and I do not represent any company whilst in this forum. Follow any advice I give at your own risk as I hold no liability if my advice is wrong.
Ben_F

@Boggles wrote:

Nothing like iPad (sorry they are both flat!) so I don't think Microsoft lawyers will have to worry about the 'ilawers'. 

I tend to disagree.... Same Shape, same colour, same Magentic case feature... that and the iLawyers will lodge a case if its rectanguar these days Smiley Wink

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Boggles
Level 15: Special Agent

Recent case in UK (Wed 18 july), judges ruled that the galaxy tab is like the ipad in many ways, none of which can be patented. Judge said, both flat, have a touch screen and displays bright colours, - so, does that mean that 'Michelin' have the rights over 'round' tyres and competitors must use a different shape?

Smiley Happy

The only people that win in these patent wars are the Lawers. Waste of tim, they all eventually get access to same technology anyway.

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Nokia Lumia 920, 1020 & 520, Microsoft Surface. Windows 8.1. Employed in Telecommunications industry.

I DO NOT work for Telstra, all views and opinions are my own and I do not represent any company whilst in this forum. Follow any advice I give at your own risk as I hold no liability if my advice is wrong.
Ben_F

One can argue that the iPad has a specific "Design" element about it, such as the size and shape. Whilst it would be great for there to be something better, I firmly believe that competitors should stop copying Apple and invent their own ideas Smiley Wink

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Well Ben, given the luke-warm support Telstra have given Windows Phone since launch, I assume you will bring the same care and consideration to Win8 tab's when they arrive....

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Windows 8 and Surface fan! FORMER Telstra Customer (adios lol).

There is a thread here re: $199 Surface RT - probably better we have a new Surface AND Win8 Tablet thread for general comments...

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now