Highlighted
STANFORD1927
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Password for wifi connection

Answered

Hello I have today purchased a Samsung Galaxy tab A 8". I have Telstra big pond for my internet connection.The wifi radio is enabled on my big pond account.The wi fi light is on and status light is solid green on Modem.When trying to connect to wifi via the tablet I can see listed amongst other wifi conncections ,TELSTRAE7A36D.I select this and as you would know it asks for a password.Where do I get this password?I tried entring the actual address of TELSTRAE7A36D but it doesn't work.States p/w incorrect. Just a tad frustrating etc.I also tried other wifi address' just incase but same result!! Where do I get these passwords from? I think once I am set up the connection will remember it for next time!? I finally took the plunge to join the tablet world and I am still on the outer looking in!! Any advice/ help appreciated. Before any one passes comment on my selection of Tablet, yes, I am sure there are better ones out there, but this suites me just fine!! Thanks for help Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STANFORD1927
Accepted Solution

Re: Password for wifi connection

Hello Pisces2229 Wow are you good or what!!! On the back of my modem it is noted as a "wireless key' and I still have the Wireless security card that came with the set up and is noted on there as "wireless security key(WPA).I tested it and accessed my email accounts...it worked!! This sort of thing is probably "old hat" to you but for me it has opened up a whole new world. It is so exciting.Thanks for helping me join in a part of the modern world!! Take Care Cheers!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Pisces2229
Level 1: Cadet

You should find the "Network Key" on the back of your modem. I'm pretty sure if you enter that as your password it will connect.
STANFORD1927
Accepted Solution

Hello Pisces2229 Wow are you good or what!!! On the back of my modem it is noted as a "wireless key' and I still have the Wireless security card that came with the set up and is noted on there as "wireless security key(WPA).I tested it and accessed my email accounts...it worked!! This sort of thing is probably "old hat" to you but for me it has opened up a whole new world. It is so exciting.Thanks for helping me join in a part of the modern world!! Take Care Cheers!

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more