CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
calmabus
Level 1: Cadet

Pre paid internet

Answered

I have a prepaid USB for laptop internet and recently bought a ipad 2 which also has prepaid internet. On both devices i purchased $150 of credit and both have approx $80 left. As i use the ipad for most things i want to knoiw if there is a way i can just purchase one lot of prepaid credit ($180 with 365 days expiry) and use it on both the laptop and the ipad?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Pre paid internet

As i use the ipad for most things i want to knoiw if there is a way i can just purchase one lot of prepaid credit ($180 with 365 days expiry) and use it on both the laptop and the ipad?

If you want to be able to use both at the same time with the one pre-paid mobile service, the easiest way is to use your iPad as a hotspot, and make sure it's always with Wi-Fi range of the laptop when you want to use the latter to connect to the Internet.

Otherwise, you can swap your Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband SIM for a micro-SIM, get a micro-SIM adapter (which ‘converts’ it to a mini-SIM), and put the SIM in whichever device you want to use at the time.

The only thing you need sacrifice is convenience.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Accepted Solution

calmabus wrote:

I thought about getting a Telstra Elite Mf 60 but dont know if telstra will let me transfer my two lots of credit from the laptop dongle and the ipad onto the modem. I dont want to lose the $160 of credit I have left either.

You can use Credit Me2U to transfer pre-paid credit from your Telstra Pre-Paid micro-SIM for Apple iPad service to your Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband service. 

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5

Hi calmabus and welcome to CrowdSupport

I use my telstra pre-paid dongle on both my laptop and netbook so I cant see it being a problem provided both devices recognize it.

Hope this helps

Deanna 

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Accepted Solution

As i use the ipad for most things i want to knoiw if there is a way i can just purchase one lot of prepaid credit ($180 with 365 days expiry) and use it on both the laptop and the ipad?

If you want to be able to use both at the same time with the one pre-paid mobile service, the easiest way is to use your iPad as a hotspot, and make sure it's always with Wi-Fi range of the laptop when you want to use the latter to connect to the Internet.

Otherwise, you can swap your Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband SIM for a micro-SIM, get a micro-SIM adapter (which ‘converts’ it to a mini-SIM), and put the SIM in whichever device you want to use at the time.

The only thing you need sacrifice is convenience.

——

Thanks Drat  Smiley Happy 

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
calmabus
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the repoly. I think the problem with your suggestion is that I have an ipad 2 which is not able to be used as a wifi. This seems to be something only the newer ipad are equipped with from my limited understanding.  I thought about getting a Telstra Elite Mf 60 but dont know if telstra will let me transfer my two lots of credit from the laptop dongle and the ipad onto the modem. I dont want to lose the $160 of credit I have left either.

Accepted Solution

calmabus wrote:

I thought about getting a Telstra Elite Mf 60 but dont know if telstra will let me transfer my two lots of credit from the laptop dongle and the ipad onto the modem. I dont want to lose the $160 of credit I have left either.

You can use Credit Me2U to transfer pre-paid credit from your Telstra Pre-Paid micro-SIM for Apple iPad service to your Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband service. 

——

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now