Highlighted
hobbit
Level 1: Cadet

Problems with 3g Ipad 2 connection

Answered

I've had an Ipad2 for 6 weeks now on an 8gb plan. It has struggled to connect or hold a 3g connection a number of times during the day. At first I put this down to tower congestion but now I'm running  3G WIFI signal from my phone and it's running fine.

I live on the eastern shore of Hobart and congestion for the next G network is pretty bad between 4pm and 9pm. My mobile phone is a HTC HD2 and that receives a 3g signal fine and allows me to connect my ipad via wifi with a pretty decent speed. At the exact same time my Ipad2 won't connect or times out when I try to connect over 3g. Internet browsing is painfully slow but when I switch to WIFI from the HTC is works fine.

Are there any reasons why the Ipad2 isn't holding a 3g signal as well as my HTC HD2? Are there any setting I could try to improve it's ability to connect and hold a signal? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Problems with 3g Ipad 2 connection

Can you try removing the iPad from any case you have installed on it? Can you also try Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Failing this, it could be a hardware fault, but try the above first to see how you go.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Can you try removing the iPad from any case you have installed on it? Can you also try Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Failing this, it could be a hardware fault, but try the above first to see how you go.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

hobbit
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Ben, removing the case and resetting seemed to improve it but yeah during peak times the htc seems to hold a better signal than the iPad. I'll see how it goes.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now