Highlighted
STANFORD1927
Level 5: Eagle Eye

SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB A WIFI TABLET

Answered

Hello I currently have Telstra big pond and wifi, for my desk top.This is set up in a spare bedroom.I am going to buy the above tablet, in the next couple of weeks.I suddenly wondered, if the Tablet, would be able to utilise, the signal, from my net gear modem, if I used it, in another room of the home. Should I purchase a Telstra WIFI extender maximiser I have just read about on Telstra's web site.I want to get the tablet, as I think it would be convenient, to use, instead of going to another room every time I want to use the computer! I also have an older style mobile with bluetooth only.I believe you can pick up WIFI signals in alot of areas when you are "out and about" but you need some sort of password?

I am no expert, so would appreciate any thoughts, as to my best course of action.Thanks for the assistance.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB A WIFI TABLET

The tablet will be able to use your modems wifi yes. As to whether you need a wifi extender it will depend on how your signal is around the house which you would need to test with a wifi device. 

A lot of places have wifi hotspots that you can connect to (A lot of shopping centres do + various other places). Generally these are free to log into and dont require a password.

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
settlersbill
Level 7: Deputy Inspector
Accepted Solution

G'day Stanford 1927,why buy the Tab A. the galaxy S2 is much better and has all the latest software. I know because i had the A model. and sold it.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES
Accepted Solution

The tablet will be able to use your modems wifi yes. As to whether you need a wifi extender it will depend on how your signal is around the house which you would need to test with a wifi device. 

A lot of places have wifi hotspots that you can connect to (A lot of shopping centres do + various other places). Generally these are free to log into and dont require a password.

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
settlersbill
Level 7: Deputy Inspector
Accepted Solution

G'day Stanford 1927,why buy the Tab A. the galaxy S2 is much better and has all the latest software. I know because i had the A model. and sold it.

STANFORD1927

Hi Yastiandrie Thanks for your help. I think the test of the Wi Fi will be actually using the tablet at home and see how it goes!! Thanks again for your assistance
STANFORD1927

Hi Settlerbill. I had a look at the tablet you suggested and it does look good. I am new to tablets etc. and was looking for a tablet, where I could check ,emails/banking/online shopping and keep up to date with news. I have $500.00 to spend, that is why I looked at Tab A. i thought it was basic and serviceable Thanks for your help Cheers
trish8
Level 1: Cadet

Be careful if connecting to NBN

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more