Highlighted
KrisandCobie
Level 2: Rookie

SIM card

Answered
Hi, my SIM card in my iPad that I have been using for the last 3 years has suddenly decided to not work just a couple months ago. It is telling me I have "no service" why is this and how can I fix it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: SIM card

Well that's a relief, I mean that the ipad is OK.

Just one of those things i guess when these things go belly up.

You could phone, but if its at all possible, it's an easier process to get to a telstra shop, they would replace a faulty card Free and on the spot.

regards

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10

Could be a number of things.

Are you able to try it in another device to see if it works in that.

If it's still no go, I'd take it in to a Terlstra shop and get them to test it, if it's faulty, they should be able to set up a new one for you.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

KrisandCobie

Thanks DEANJA I tried another sim in my Ipad cause I was worried it was the actual iPad not reading the sim and it read the other sim but I didn't even think to try my sim in the other iPad! I'll try that now! But I don't understand why it would just stop working! And I'm not close to a telstra shop!
KrisandCobie

Yep just put my sim in another iPad and got "no service" it's definitely the sim! Is there any way to fix it or do I just need to buy a new sim?
Accepted Solution

Well that's a relief, I mean that the ipad is OK.

Just one of those things i guess when these things go belly up.

You could phone, but if its at all possible, it's an easier process to get to a telstra shop, they would replace a faulty card Free and on the spot.

regards

KrisandCobie

Yes I'm am very relieved it's not the iPad! Bit cheaper to replace sim then the iPad haha! Ok I'll see if I can get to a telstra shop otherwise I'll just buy another sim! Thanks for you help Smiley Happy

My pleasure, not worth even considering repair, in fact they wouldn't do that. Take some id with you, your ipad and the old sim of course and they will have you up and running again in no time.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Great responses and assistance, DEANJA Smiley Happy

I had one thing to add in response to your last post KrisandCobie, there is no cost for having a SIM replaced.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

KrisandCobie

Yes but I'm not actually near a real telstra shop so it would just be quicker and easier for me to buy a new one!
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi KrisandCobie, 

We can also post one to you :-) 

Just either Live Chat with us, or call us and we can do that instead 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

rictic

Have sim card in dongle how do find mobile number linked to it.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more