Highlighted
TMW
Level 1: Cadet

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 4G

Answered

I just bought this Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 4G from the Telstra Shop. 

I put in my post paid SIM card from my USB Turbo Mobile Dongle. 

There is Telstra Signal on my Tab but i can't access into internet. 

The default APN is telstra.mms in it. 

May I know is this the correct APN? 

How do I get access with 4G network? 

Is my Next G postpaid sim card compatible with this new Samsung 4G Tab?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 4G

OK, I checked the demo unit in the Telstra Shop earlier today (well, yesterday) – there was a 'signal strength' icon in the status bar that explicitly shows it was connected to 4G.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

The default APN needs to be telstra.internet or telstra.iph.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

TMW
Level 1: Cadet

All sorted out after i called the Telstra Technical Support centre. 

I can use both APN of telstra.datapack and telstra.iph.

Then i need to restart my tablet after each APN assigned. 

However, i only can get the signal bar sign as either "H" or "3G". I am in Burwood NSW. Is my area covered by 4G? 

Thanks. 

@TMW wrote:

However, i only can get the signal bar sign as either "H" or "3G".

I don't remember the model presenting a notification bar icon that is 4G/LTE specific, but I'll have a look on the demo unit in a Telstra Shop in the CBD when I go into the office today.
——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.

Oops, sorry – got really busy today, and was holed up at my workstation until well after the Telstra Shop closed for the day. :/
——

Accepted Solution

OK, I checked the demo unit in the Telstra Shop earlier today (well, yesterday) – there was a 'signal strength' icon in the status bar that explicitly shows it was connected to 4G.

——

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi TMW, 

Burwood in New South Wales, is not a 4G area presently.

Depending on your specific address (please don't post it) you'll either have Typical download speeds from 1.1 to 20 Mbps (h), or  Typical download speeds from 550 kbps to 8 Mbps (3G)

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more