Highlighted
Helios
Level 2: Rookie

Setting up bigpond e-mail account on Samsung Galaxy 10.1

Answered

Hi

I have been unable to add my bigpond e-mail account to my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014, 4G edition. I have set up my G mail without a problem. Can anyone please offer me the idiots guide to doing this - followed tablet instructions for adding additional accounts but still did not work. I have also successfully enabled my bigpond  WiFi on the tablet for home use and I believe this has the same password. I would appreciate some help with this - Many thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Setting up bigpond e-mail account on Samsung Galaxy 10.1

Heya Helios,

Welcome to CrowdSupport. Smiley Happy

We don't have an idiot's guide to setting up your email on y our Samsung Galaxy 10.1, however, we do have the settings you will need to manually set up your email via:

http://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/email-settings

Simply select Manual Setup and use the information provided within the above link.

Hope this helps. Smiley Wink

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Helios
Accepted Solution

Hi Renee

Thank you for your help with this - a little hiccough with the outgoing server details but once I changed from TLS to SSL this solved the problem . Have a great New year

Helios Smiley Very Happy

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Heya Helios,

Welcome to CrowdSupport. Smiley Happy

We don't have an idiot's guide to setting up your email on y our Samsung Galaxy 10.1, however, we do have the settings you will need to manually set up your email via:

http://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/email-settings

Simply select Manual Setup and use the information provided within the above link.

Hope this helps. Smiley Wink

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Helios
Accepted Solution

Hi Renee

Thank you for your help with this - a little hiccough with the outgoing server details but once I changed from TLS to SSL this solved the problem . Have a great New year

Helios Smiley Very Happy

Support Team
Support Team

Glad to hear it's up and running for you now, and all the best for your 2014 as well!

Gotsho

Hi there

i have endeavoured to use the set procedure on my Smartphone all good but with the Tab Pro tablet it does not regognise my password???

As mentione before I have changed the password and then tries again but still no luck

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Gotsho,

Was this tablet bought through Telstra? Were you referring to your My Bigpond password? 

Gotsho

Hi Esther

Yes I am refering to my mail/bigpond password as I used it to set up mail on my smart phone but using the same password to set up mail on th etablet no good it does ot regognise it and says set up up could not be authentigated - I did not purchase from Telstra - please advise as mentioned before I changed the password but also die not work ??? Gotsho 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Gotsho,

Do you know what platform your BigPond email is on? There is MyConnect or Outlook.com. If you can provide which one you're hosted on, I can give you instructions on the setup Smiley Happy

Brodie

Gotsho

Hi Brodie

Thanks for the reponse - not sure about the platform but I wold assume it is MyConnect but definately not Outlook - as mentioned before I use the procedure as per instructions on my Galaxy S4 phone with the password that I have for Bigpond and Telstra but for some unknow reason when endeavouring to set up mail on my Tab Pro it does not accept my password - rather strange - you response will be highly appreciated. - Thanks - Gotsho

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Gotsho,

I'd suggest checking our guide on this page for setting up your email on a tablet to see if it helps:

http://support.telstra.com.au/t5/Email/ct-p/LSP_Email

-Matt W

Kamo16
Level 1: Cadet

So i have set up my email on my note 10.1 exactly the same as kn my galaxy s5.....s5 works fine....ican send emails from the tablet but cant recieve

HELP ME PLEASE

Kamo16

And when i use what is suggested about it wont authenticate
Kamo16

Someone!!!! Anyone!!!!! SOS

WhiteKnight

I just got my Samsung Galaxy today and was having issues with webmail. I discovered it had autosaved the incorrect password in a gmail setup ( my bad) and was replacing my webmail password automatically. I went to settings and accounts and deleted the gmail account and webmail now works a treat. I hope this helps.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now