Highlighted
Shaybe-lou
Level 1: Cadet

Setting up email on both iPad & mobile

Answered

Is it possible to set my one email account onto both my iPad and iPhone so that if I delete it from one, it will automatically delete from the other? Currently, if I delete on 1 device, I have to then go to the other device and delete the same email.

thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Setting up email on both iPad & mobile

If you set up both accounts to use IMAP then the accounts will synchronize with the server and with each other. You can't convert a POP3 account to a IMAP account without first deleting the POP3 account so you will need to delete the old accounts and set  up new email accounts on your iPad and mobile.

Set the accounts manually according to settings below.

• Account type: IMAP

Incoming server details:

• Incoming server address: imap.telstra.com
  • Incoming server port: 993
  • Encrypted connection: SSL

Outgoing server details:

• Outgoing server address: smtp.telstra.com
  • Outgoing server port: 465 (recommended) or 587
  • SMTP authentication: On
  • Encrypted connection: SSL/TLS on port 465 (recommended) or STARTTLS on port 587

Username & Password:

• User name: Your Telstra email address - ending in ‘@bigpond.com’, ‘@bigpond.net.au’ or ‘@telstra.com’
  • Password: Your Telstra email account password - REMEMBER it’s case sensitive.

Other settings to check:

• Make sure ‘Outgoing server requires authentication’ is ticked.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY
Accepted Solution

Re: Setting up email on both iPad & mobile

If you set up both accounts to use IMAP then the accounts will synchronize with the server and with each other. You can't convert a POP3 account to a IMAP account without first deleting the POP3 account so you will need to delete the old accounts and set  up new email accounts on your iPad and mobile.

Set the accounts manually according to settings below.

• Account type: IMAP

Incoming server details:

• Incoming server address: imap.telstra.com
  • Incoming server port: 993
  • Encrypted connection: SSL

Outgoing server details:

• Outgoing server address: smtp.telstra.com
  • Outgoing server port: 465 (recommended) or 587
  • SMTP authentication: On
  • Encrypted connection: SSL/TLS on port 465 (recommended) or STARTTLS on port 587

Username & Password:

• User name: Your Telstra email address - ending in ‘@bigpond.com’, ‘@bigpond.net.au’ or ‘@telstra.com’
  • Password: Your Telstra email account password - REMEMBER it’s case sensitive.

Other settings to check:

• Make sure ‘Outgoing server requires authentication’ is ticked.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more