Mozart05
Level 1: Cadet

Streaming from Samsung S2 to TELSTRA Tv

Trying to stream from my Samsung S2 tablet to TELSTRA Tv. Had no problems connecting the Samsung S but don’t get the ability to find other devices via quick connect - help please!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 19: Deputy Director

Re: Streaming from Samsung S2 to TELSTRA Tv

Have you followed all the steps in the user guide? On the Telstra TV, go to Settings->System-> Advanced system settings->Device connect, and make sure "Enable Device connect" is ticked

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so. "button"
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Streaming from Samsung S2 to TELSTRA Tv

Telstra TV uses Miracast for casting the screen of device. Since Android 4.1 Mircast was built into the operating system but since the introduction of chrome caste the settings for casting to Miricast devices has been hidden by google on later versions of the operating system.
You need to install a Miracast app. I use Screen cast. Open the app and follow the instructions for connecting to the Telstra TV.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now