CrowdSupport®
Level 17: Bureau Chief

Surface Tablet users on Telstra: Many out there?

Just wondering if many of you out there own a Microsoft Surface RT tablet - and use it on the Telstra Network via personal wifi hot spots.

Thoughts on the device? +'s and -'s ? Interested to hear your thoughts. Also - if Telstra offered this as a tablet for sale on plans with a WiFi hotspot modem - would you be interested?

Thanks.

Sheeds.

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Windows 8 and Surface fan! FORMER Telstra Customer (adios lol).

If you like my Microsoft (WP/Win8) posts here, consider Kudos+1

Check me out on Twitter - WP_DownUnder - I don't come around here no more.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Surface Tablet users on Telstra: Many out there?

Anyone?

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Windows 8 and Surface fan! FORMER Telstra Customer (adios lol).

Bueller?

billythekid
Level 8: Inspector

G'day wpdownunder,only just found your post. I also have a surface RT. I also have a windows lumia 920 and windows 7 laptop. WHEN the NBN arrives at my place i am going to connect the laptop to the nbn and get a prepaid wifi for the surface.I went to my local Telstra shop this AM and they assured me it would work.

bobmason
Level 1: Cadet

Had an RT but sold it, I now have had a Surface Pro for 6 weeks now (grey import form Hong Kong) loved them both. Pro is far superior tho, 15 seconds from cold boot to desktop and can run all the PC software, RT was great but I missed Outlook and the cutdown OS rectricted hardware and software installs. Connected both of them to my Nokia Lumia 920 on Telstra, brilliant speed, also use a use a USB NIC on the Surface Pro for LAN connection. Come on MS release the Pro to Austalian users now !!

rivenfox84
Level 5: Eagle Eye

I've been a Surface RT user since the device came out last year here in Aus. I've had it connected to my Telstra HTC Mozart using internet sharing, and then my Telstra Nokia Lumia 920 since I got my phone in December. Never had any trouble connecting to Telstra's services. It's handy that Windows RT and Windows 8 both have methods of keeping track of data usage over connections that are designated as "metered connections."

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now