Highlighted
SRC00
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Air not accepting new registrations

I have an eligible service to use Telstra Air, on a brand new post-paid Samsung Galaxy Tab-A 10.5 tablet.   The Tablet Plan Critical Information Summary states: "Unlimited Wi-Fi data at Telstra Air® hotspots in Australia. All for use in Australia."

After unsuccessfully trying to activate on my device, I called up Telstra Air Technical Support.

They advised that there have been ongoing problems with registering new Air accounts for approximately 2 weeks now.

They unsuccessfully tried to activate, and said that all I can do is keep on retrying periodically.  They were unable to advise when the problem would be fixed. I find this disturbing that Telstra's technical team are in the dark about this.

I am paying for a service that I cannot access., and seek advice as to when a fix will be implemented.

Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra Air not accepting new registrations

Hi SRC00, May I ask when the last time was that you attempted to connect to Telstra Air on your tablet and have you been able to follow the steps listed at https://tel.st/l8e8p

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

SRC00

Hi,

I have followed the instructions to the letter.

Still getting the same error message "Something went wrong. Sorry, there was an error processing your request. Please try again later"

Screen shot: https://imgur.com/a/TF7rhcD
Support Team
Support Team

Ok thank you. I apologise there is no time frame at present for this issue. If you are still unable to use this by Wednesday I would recommend following up with the Telstra Air Tech team for any updates.

Thank you.
- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Level 21: Augmented

@SRC00 Can you try registering you Telstra Air account on your mobile, then if successful, see how you go logging in with your tablet.

I've got the exactly same tablet but haven't put Telstra Air on that. I'll do that and test it out Friday (Just to rule out an issue with the tablet).

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
SRC00

Appreciate it Ryan, I'll check every now and then.

SRC00

Not a bad idea Ozmoz. I did try this, my phone is a iPhone 6 on the Telstra network, although it's supplied by work and not a personal issue phone. I can download things and use it for personal use. So duly downloaded the Air app and.... same error. Bugger :-(
SRC00

I am wondering if the Tablet Plan is not being recognised. One of the online chat techs said it wasn't eligible. I then explained it said in the Critical Information Summary for the Tablet Plan it states that he plan can access unlimited Telstra Air. It was at this point the online tech said they couldn't do anything else and I needed to call the dedicated Air Tech team by phone, which I did without any luck.
Perhaps it's the Tablet Plan all along?
Support Team
Support Team

Please contact our Telstra Air Team on 132200, they will be able to access your service, once they have verified you and investigate what is happening for you.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

@SRC00 wrote:
I am wondering if the Tablet Plan is not being recognised. One of the online chat techs said it wasn't eligible. I then explained it said in the Critical Information Summary for the Tablet Plan it states that he plan can access unlimited Telstra Air. It was at this point the online tech said they couldn't do anything else and I needed to call the dedicated Air Tech team by phone, which I did without any luck.
Perhaps it's the Tablet Plan all along?

@SRC00 Can you log into your account online?

I don't know how just a "Tablet Plan" looks like when on the main page, but down the bottom see if you can see the Manage Telstra Air Banner?

ta.jpg

Then clicking "manage" you then see what services are eligible.

ta2.jpg

You may even be able to see all that via the Telstra 24/7 app, so pop that on your tablet if you haven't.

I did put Telstra Air on my tablet and it is working fine (Via my home Telstra Air). But I had already registered the account a few years ago when it came out, so I wouldn't see the registration issue. 

I'm wondering if it could be a registration issue with Telstra ID's rather than home broadband email address's that I and many use.

But, I guess you will have to persevere and go through what @KathleenC has suggested until you get someone who knows what they are doing.

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
SRC00

I already have, Kathleen. They advised there was an issue with registering new Air customers and to periodically keep on re-trying.

My post here is to see if there was more information, including a ETA for a fix, as the Air crew were left in the dark as to when it may be fixed.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @SRC00,

Our Telstra Air Tech Support team will be the team who has any information that comes to hand. If there is yet to be any further information I would recommend lodging a formal complaint online here:  https://tel.st/q9zdq and a Complaint Case Manager can follow up further for you to assist with a resolution. 

Keep us posted on how you go. 

SRC00

I am pleased to report back that I checked my Telstra Air App this morning and I have been registered and the service is active.

I didn't actually do anything either despite my previous unsuccessful log-ins.

Grateful for those who replied here, what a great community! :-)
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm happy to read that, @SRC00!

Please to hesitate to contact us again should you require assistance with anything moving forward.

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now